Charleston and Savannah

Old Jun 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charleston and Savannah

I am looking to go to Charleston and Savannah each for 2 days for a romantic getway and have never been to either. .Any suggestion on where to stay that's inexpensive but cute? I would appreicate any feedback. My email address is [email protected].
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
GoTravel

Charleston has gotten very expensive over the past several years.

If you can find a hotel under $200 it is a deal.

I like The Andrew Pinckeny Inn, The Indigo Inn and the King Charles Best Western.

BTW, I'd spend the two days in Charleston. By trying to see them both in two days you'll end up seeing nothing.

Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:33 PM

There is a Days Inn in the historic section of Charleston. It was priced around $120 a night when I went. It wasn't super-cute, but it was nice enough. The location of the hotel is very good and there is free parking.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
dmlove

GoTravel, are you sure the poster didn't mean 2 days in Charleston and 2 days in Savannah?

Old Jun 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM

You might try the Meeting Street Inn. It is pretty reasonably priced and has some charm, as well. It also has a great location.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
dcd

Received 58 Likes on 4 Posts
Not knowing your budget, I'd urge you to check out both the hotels and the B&B/Inns on tripadvisor.com for each city, if you haven't already. Everyone's definition of cute will vary but the traveller's reviews there should help you decide what level of cuteness at what price point works for you. They're great cities. I hope you have 2 full days in each, otherwise you'll likely feel rushed and not too romantic. Have a great trip.