Changeover time in Phoenix Airport

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Laura

Changeover time in Phoenix Airport

Hi all,

I am planning my trip to Santa Fe and looking at changing planes in Phoenix. The computer is putting up options with a changeover time of 50 mins between flights - do you think this is enough? I know here in Europe we would say no way - but maybe there it's different?

I really would appreciate any advice. I don't really want to hang around an airport if I don't have to!

Thanks,

Laura

Old May 29th, 2001, 08:10 AM
xxx

Are you changing planes, but for the same airline? If so, this typically means that your next gate would be in the same terminal and would allow enough time. How many people are traveling together? If there's a big group then you're probably going to run into more trouble. Also is your flight in an international flight? If so, you're not going to have enough time to get through customs before catching the next flight.

Old May 29th, 2001, 08:12 AM
laura

Hi,

It's an American West flight from LA. There will probably be 2 of us.

Thanks,

Laura

Old May 29th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Shannon

Sky Harbor is a big airport, but easy to get around in. If your flight lands on time,you should be fine. However, if your flight is late you could be in trouble. I might see if you could get a little more time, just to be on the safe side. Maybe 1 1/2 hours.

Old May 29th, 2001, 09:16 AM
guy

I think you will be fine..If you come in on the Delta Terminal and leave on the America West Terminal it could be tight..but if you are staying on the same airline I would not sweat it..and even if you are not..I think you will be OK...