Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Celine Dion in LV, where to get tickets and how much?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2003, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And, is it worth it? We are under the impression that they are AT LEAST $200 a piece.

If we don't go and see Celine because we don't want to pay the price, is there another show in LV that you would recommend?

Heavens
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 08:45 AM

Go to www.celinedion.com for tickets.
Haven't seen the show but watched the TV production. I don't think I would pay $200/ticket to see her live.
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 09:13 AM

I belive there are some cheaper tickets, but Celine is probably sold out for the forseeable future. If you want to go to her show, you'll have to plan ahead.
Try O for a good show- it's amazing!
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 09:55 AM

Try going into the Ceasars site, maybe they have specials or something, that is where her theater is.
Personally, I think there are many shows better to see.
Try : and try Mystere, Danny Gans, Penn and Teller, The Blue Man Group, and a few magicians are well liked..I never see magicians so I cannot say which ones are the best.
See who is headlining at the time you are there..go to LasVegas.com..

also, the Las Vegas Review Journal newspaper has a page called Neon, you can read it online, they tell you prices times , everything you need to know.
Have fun!
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 09:57 AM

Wow! those pesky emoticons pop up in the strangest places!

that was supposed to say

"O" in the Bellagio
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 10:07 AM

hmmm. to pay $200 and actually sit through a Celine Dion concert. That would be a special hell for me. Perhaps second only to Wayne Newton.

Being LilMsFoodie, I'd rather blow the money on dinner at Bellagio. I think the cirque de soleil show would be interesting. If you haven't seen one in person, it is an awesome spectacle once. Each Cirque has a different theme. LMF
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all. I will check out the websites.

I had heard that the show was pretty awesome. But, yea, you are right. Paying that kind of money to only hear Celine for two hours. I don't know.

Thanks again.

Heavens
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 04:35 PM

My husband and I saw the show in September and it was fantastic. We tried to get tickets months in advance but were told that all shows during the week we were there were sold out. Once we got to Vegas, we checked at the box office at Caesar's and were told that they usually have stand-by tickets available for every show. The line forms at around 5:00 every night and the tickets go on sale at 7:00. We got in the stand-by line on our last night in town and were able to get two tickets for $125/piece. They had tickets in all price ranges available and I think the cheapest were $75. We had great box seats on the second mezzanine level but I don't think there's a bad seat in the house even if you go with the least expensive tickets. I highly recommend the show.
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 08:26 AM

We saw the show in August. SIL purchased the tickets on line and ours were $90 and theirs were $125 because they wanted better seats. SIL has an extra ticket and sold it back to Ceasars who let the first person in line who wanted just one ticket have it for the cost of the ticket. Don't pay $200 to scalpers for tickets. I'm not a Celine fan, but I enjoyed the show.

Utahtea