Reload this Page >

celebrating 25th wedding anniversary in Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 01:16 PM
George

Please let us know where we should stay in Maui to celebrate our 25th.
George

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 06:37 PM
xxx

This is an unanswerable question!! Why would you go anywhere in Hawaii different than for your first anniversay or fifth anniversay or 10th anniversary?? It still depends on what your preferences are and without that information nobody can tell YOU where to go fot your 25th (or any other) anniversary. What kind of answer are you looking for - Kaanapali is perfect for a 25th anniversay because ...... ???

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Joe

George,
My wife and I just returned from Hawaii. It too was a 25th wedding vacation. We spent 25 days. Are you only going to Maui? How long are you planning on staying there? Momma's Fish Fouse in Piai is a wonderful place for a nice meal. We prefered to stay in the Wialea area, It is quiter than Kaanapali, but it is up to you. There are 5* places and condo's too. We stayed in the Rennasiance Wailea and loved it. We drove to Lahania for a luau, "The old Lahnaian Luau" We did not drive to road to Hana but otheres have and enjoyed it. We went snorkeling and swimming and had a great time. If you can be more specific, then people could be more helpful. Be aware, some posters on this page can be diffcult to read. Don't let them get to you , just keep asking questions and people will respond, with their expereinces....

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Mike

Try the Plantation Inn.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Joan

Just got back from Maui. Stayed at the Hyatt in Kanapali and thought it was the best in that area because it does not seem as crowded as some of the resorts get further up the coast. Resort in general was great. Also went down to Wailea. Would definately stay at the Grand Weilea if we go back again (only because we did everything possible in Lahaina already). Lahaina /Kanapali is definately more commercial, but you have lots of choices in activities and restaurants. Weilea seemed more quiet and upscale. Depends on what you want. Be sure to purchase the book "Maui Revealed" (was a great help). And definately go to a show called "Warren and Annabelles" in Lahaina. Make reservations before you leave. GREAT show.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 03:40 AM
xxx

I will never understand why anyone would go to Maui to see a magic show (Warren and Annabelle's)!!!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:48 PM
xxx

Agree with the last post, evenings on the beach enjoying nature would be my choice over a magic show. I would recommend Wailea over Kannapali, quieter.