Search

CCV price guarentee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCV price guarentee

So I received today a quote from classic custom vacations and they told me that if i wanted to guarentee the price that I would have to buy their travel insurance to lock in the rate. If I just pay my deposit then the price may increase later on as rate go up. Is this normal practice or just a scam to buy their travel insurance? Do any other companies work like this? Would any of you buy this or take their chances without it? Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 09:11 PM

Can't say I've ever heard of such an arrangement, nor would I but on those terms. Making deposits non-refundable is fairly common, but certainly not floating the price. Are you sure they weren't talking about the cost of the insurance? It is not uncommon for travel insurance to offer a lower premium if purchased within a specififed time of ticket purchase or a certain amount of time prior to start of travel.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

That is what I was told over the phone. After searching through their website, I found this:

Price Protection: If you purchase Classic Custom Vacation?s Change & Cancellation Waiver ("C&C Waiver") or if you have paid for your booking in full, your booking will be price protected (except tax changes, surcharges and consumer-initiated changes).

So it appears to be true. I know many people on this board have recommended CCV, so I wonder what these people have done and if they have had any issues. As of now I am hesitant to go with CCV because of this ridiculous policy. Any more comments are welcome. Thanks
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 11:06 AM

I would ask them to E-mail or fax you any guarantee in writing. I would never accept word of mouth over the phone.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 05:38 PM

I believe that my travel agent used CCV as her wholesaler. If the "travel insurance" you're referring to is something like $59/person (it's also called a waiver) it is absolutley worth it! I made my travel reservations months ago and am still changing things without any penalty. I even had to change one flight and there was no surcharge - it's already paid for itself!