Casual dining near Hotel Maxwell?

Old Jul 29th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Casual dining near Hotel Maxwell?

Iíll be in Seattle for a few days coming up, and hope to find a few good places for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Not looking for fine dining or super trendy, just great food.

Thanks in advance...
Old Jul 30th, 2018, 03:21 PM

Where are you my Seattle peeps??? I want to help but am never up around Seattle Center. I'm completely drawing a blank.
Old Jul 30th, 2018, 03:54 PM

Lots of restaurants on Lower Queen Anne. Consider Toulouse Petit, Tup Tim Thai, Laredos Grill, Pesos... There is a great little bakery, Nielsen's, that makes pastries daily, including some unusual ones.

Caution: If you google restaurants near Seattle Center you will turn up lots that aren't even close to the Seattle Center.

BTW, Toulouse Petit has a great Breakfast happy hour - order before 10 on weekdays for a great price.
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 09:32 AM

Second for Toulouse Petit!! If into or want try southern cuisine I would make a res asap.
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 10:11 AM

Missed this earlier...

All within a few blocks, google them -

Toulouse Petit for sure. Good breakfasts, good happy hour. Gets very noisy at night.
Mecca Cafe - old time dive bar/diner
McMenamins - a block from the Maxwell - good beer, decent bar food. Part of the amazing Oregon-based McMenamins network.
Taylor Shellfish Bar - oysters, clams... the best.
Blue Water Tacos - good "coastal Mexican," whatever that means.
Racha Noodles - competent Thai place
Dick's - iconic burger bar, the reputation exceeds the food, but a Seattle landmark. Across the street from the Uptown movie theater, home of the Seattle International Film Festival.
Bamboo Garden, a door or two from the Maxwell - vegetarian Chinese food, with some pretty amazing faux-meat dishes. Very old school decor, but fun.

If you're on the Seattle Center grounds, the food court in the Armory (formerly called Center House) is pretty good too. Connect at the Center - Food & Dining -

Last edited by Gardyloo; Jul 31st, 2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 10:38 AM

Thanks my Seattle friends. I knew you were around here somewhere! Dick's would have been the only one I could come up with -haha.