Search

Carmelo's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carmelo's

To all of the ugly responses I have received because I simply gave my true opinion of NYE at Carmelo's Restaurant. First let me begin by saying that I did get an email from Karen and Carmelo, THANKING US, for coming in. I responded with the how much fun we had. They responded back with a request. Would I please pass this information on to Fodor's as someone was complaining and they usually don't let the silliness bother them, but they thought it might be nice if someone gave a true positive experience to counter the nasty comments that were being said. I agreed. Not a big deal to me. True story.
Happy New Year.
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Oh yeah, this'll work.
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Did they email to apologize to their other guests that evening?
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM

True comment. Fodors readers/posters were not born yesterday and are not a gullible crowd. Perhaps Mr. Carmelo and wife should try a different method.
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
ctcallaghan: ya know - If Carmelo/mrs Carmelo had been honest enough to log on themselves to discuss things on the other thread (before it was frozen) we could have maybe seen his side of the story. We might give him the benefit of the doubt.

It has happened before. A hotelier or restauranteur joining up to explain a situation. But to have two different "satisfied" customers log on w/o mentioning they were doing it because Carmelo asked them to . . . . Just looks sleazy
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM

True story. Carmelo is causing more harm to his restaurant by doing and/or encouraging this.

The only favorable solution at this point is for the OP to report back that there has been an apology.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 01:55 AM

Not even sure about that - the whole thing is weird and sounds fishy. Established restauranteur goes nutty for no apparent reason? Stalks customers? First time posters appear from outer space to post robotic defense. OP disappears.

If no publicity is bad publicity (or is that only in the Spears household?) then Carmelos has publicity. Even the San Francisco zoo has greatly increased attendance post lion incidence.

One thing that has been accomplished is that I will remember the name of the restaurant for a while (and I have actually eaten there years ago) - but not sure I would go there again except out of curiosity.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:25 AM

You can be very sure that I would not choose Carmelo's. The fact that he's now worried about the consequences of his behavior doesn't excuse him from an apology.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:31 AM

Ct, are you saying Carmelo had no problem with your keeping a table occupied for over 3 1/2 hours while Shari's group was given a 2 hour limit?

I'm sure Shari will be happy to hear her complaint categorized as "silly".
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:05 AM

ct - can I ask WHY Karen and Carmelo emailed you to "thank you?" Did you provide an email address with your reservation? I have never had a restaurant do that, so I was just wondering how that came about. No "ugliness" intended here....just curiosity.

Also - I would be quite happy to hear Carmelo's side of the story......but I want to hear it from THEM!
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

I am not concerned where you eat or what you think. I am just telling the truth as it happened. I made an online reservation and my email address was required. My reservation was at 8:30 and we left at 12:30, service was great, an email arrived to thank us for coming in. I made a nice reply back to their email.

We will return to this restaurant. I was happy to help if I could.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
kealalani

Why would you change your screenname?

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:19 PM

I agree with the post That the owner of Carmelo's should have signed up here on Fodor's and gave his own 2 cents on the situation. I'd like to know how the restaurant found out about the postings here.

That is one of the things I love about tripadvisor. Hotel's managenment log on and dispute or thank posters for their opinions.

And bad press/print ain't silliness. Just in this restaurant owner's opinion.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

What? I didn't change my screen name. You people are just looking for trouble. There is no reason for giving me so much grief over an honest post. I had a wonderful night at Carmelo's and that is my opinion. Happy New Year and I hope you find what you are looking for cause I sure don't have it.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM

So let's get this straight. Carmelo himself heard about this thread, came to Fodors and read it all, but DIDN'T register and comment for himself, yet emailed his various patrons and asked them to -- and all within 24 hours of the event?

And despite his insistence about the limit on time for NYE, he welcomed you to spend 4 hours there, while chasing others away? What am I missing here?

Gee, I didn't think my opinion of this jerk could go any lower, but guess it just did.

PS. I think some are confusing ctcallaghan with MelandDave, the other "plant" rave for New Years at Carmelo's.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Plant Rave?.....Geez, get over it already! I apologize for giving you so much to worry about..What is the matter with you!???
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Huh? Aren't you the person who said that Carmelo himself emailed you and asked you to come here and post your rave?

Sorry, but if that's not a "plant rave" I don't know what it is.

You're the one who described that situation, not me. And we can only assume that the other first time poster who appeared here to register and rave was also sent here by Carmelo -- so again "another plant rave". Sorry. I just don't know what else to call that.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Cassandra

CT, it's not just Patrick who thinks this about your posts. You're actually making things worse by "protesting too much."

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
If you want to "help" Carmelo, I'd just stop posting. The more you top this thread, the more attention you call to the situation.

IMO it's just not "normal" for someone like Carmelo to email a customer as you described. It's just not "normal" for two posters to join a forum just to rave - for the first time ever - at the same time. The original poster sounded as if only one side of the story was being told, but IMO Carmelo is completely blowing it when he sends you in to defend him. If he is emailing you so much, why doesn't he take the time to post on this board himself?
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

OK You are correct I am making it worse by continuing to defend myself and a perfectly wonderful evening with my husband on New Years Eve. I only wish you would believe me when I say I thought innocently that I was HELPING not making it worse. My bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -