Search

Carmel vs. monterey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Auger

Carmel vs. monterey

Which would you pick as a second night (first in Pacific Grove) and which B&B is the best in each area? Thanks my 1st trip to CA.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Jen

Lucky Guy/Gal!

I lived in SF for several years. Whenever I had visitors we always drove down the coast to Carmel and Monterey...I highly recommend the Four Sisters Inns (www.foursisters.com) they own a chain of B&Bs throughout CA and a few in WA. If memory serves there are 2 in Pacific Grove and one in Carmel. They are beeeeeeeautiful. You did not mention when you were traveling but keep in mind, this time of year, may be difficult to get reservations. Sept/Oct is very touristy -- Indian Summer in Northern CA. I love Carmel...quaint, charming (touristy though)lots of art galleries and great restaurants (try: Cassanova). Aside from all the other attractions...if you're planning to stay over a weekend...I enjoyed checking out the real estate in Carmel from time to time (open houses). It's amusing.

Have fun.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:12 PM
janis

Pacific Grove is a great place to stay for the whole Monterey Penninsula - why do you want to pack up and move to the next door city after one night. Just stay in Pacific Grove.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:34 AM
J Correa

I second the recommendation to stay in PG both nights. Monterey and Carmel are both right there.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Lynette

PG is great and you hav gotten good advice about four sisters inns.I would stay at the Green Gables in an ocean front room for your first time! Also, if you are interested in Carmel, check out The Pine Inn and LA Playa... both small hotels, friendly service, very quiet and beautiful location and views at a reasonable price. Enjoy your trip!
Lynette

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Tracy

I have lived on the Monterey Peninsula for over 30 years. Don't change hotels. Everything is very close by. No more than 20 minutes away. Carmel & PG are great.