Carmel - Best Western Carmel Bay View Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. I've been real distracted with current events. Finishing my California itinerary will be a healthy break from the news.

I booked 2 nights (Fri, Sep30 & Sat, Oct1) in Carmel at Best Western Carmel Bay View Inn, king size deluxe with balconey and ocean view at $209 per night How does that compare to other accommodations in the area?
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM

Everything is expensive in Carmel, if you got an ocean view for 209 you did ok. Great time of year to see the California coast.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 09:26 AM

If this applies to anyone, I'll be glad I took the time to update here:

Hwy 152 at Hecker Pass is being widened and is closed until the end of Sept 2005, 129 is being suggested instead.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:47 PM

It's quite a nice inn--rooms are done in country style, many have fireplaces, and bathrooms were re-done in the past 2 years and are up to date. If you have an ocean view you'll be up on the 5th floor, probably, but there's an elevator. The location is excellent, very close to a small grocery store and Piatti's restaurant.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 11:22 PM

The ocean is several blocks away however. You will be across the street from Forge in the Forest, a great place for breakfast and/or lunch.

Go to Point Lobos State Park(very close to Carmel on Hwy 1). This will provide you with stunning immersion in the coastline and its creatures.

Also, hit Pacific Edge at the Highlands Inn for a sunset cocktail. We actually went after being at Point Lobos. Try to get a table by the window.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM

The BW properties are nice, clean and usually kept up well. We stayed at La Playa in May, mid-week in an oceanview, king room which included breakfast and a nice bottle of wine with our stay.

I believe our rate was about $250/night. La Playa is very nice with gorgeous grounds and close to the ocean and shops. Your rate for the BW property sounds good for a weekend. Forge in the Forest is very nice for lunch, try the sand dab sandwich with a glass of local Sauv Blanc! Enjoy Carmel and please report back. ***kim***
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM

kimamom, how was the oceanview king at the La Playa? I think you and I had a brief discussion on room size at the La Playa sometime back. You may recall I stayed in a standard room and found it very small.

My wife and I enjoyed the La Playa grounds and would stay there again if the king room was a decent size.

BTW woodstockguy, I also think the BW is in a convenient location as the village is a great place for walking.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM

The room was not spacious, but a decent size. My husband commented that the bathrooms were very, very small and did not have a lot of counter space. I didn't mind, I really had my set on staying at this property since I adore Historic Hotels. I fell in love with this property and would love to renew my wedding vows here sometime! ***kim***