Car Service from LGA to NYC......

Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:45 PM
John

Car Service from LGA to NYC......

We are flying in to LGA and would like a Town car from the airport to The Hilton Times Square. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have only been able to find them for $75 and up.

Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:12 PM
John K

The two major limo services are Carmel (1-800-9carmel) and Tel Aviv Car Service at 212-777-7777 so you may want to give them a call.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:48 AM
x

Carmel and Tel Aviv are low priced, but have old, beat-up cars and rude drivers. If it rains, they won't show. Use Millenium Limo instead. More $$ but worth it.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:23 PM
HankUWS

I've used both Tel Aviz and Carmel and never had a problem (they are always prompt and the cars are quite nice, they must reserve the beat up ones for "x".) Never heard of Milennium Limo. You should be fine with Carmel and Tel Aviz, John.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Postal

Are cabs from LGA to midtown still only about $25?

Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:22 PM
Ted

John, I have a suggestion: Take a cab. At worst you'll stand in line for 5 minutes and it costs about $30-35 to Times Square. Why bother with a car service? Unless it's on an expense account, in which case why worry about the cost??

Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
live on nyc

I've never had a problem with Carmel but from LGA, just take a cab and let them run the meter...if traffic is not crazy it should only be around $20-$25. Car service is too much of a bother, LGA is close.

Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:27 PM
kc

Try Empire Limo
800 451 5466

Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:47 PM
x

Hank,
How many times have y'all been to the Big Apple anyways? Once? Twice? Both times you used Carmel and Tel Aviv?

Never heard of Millenium Limo? Is that because you don't know how to spell or because you just don't get out much?

Amazing the ignorance on this board.

Mar 4th, 2002, 03:33 AM
rqf

A car service to Manhattan goes for around $25, tip and toll (if a toll bridge is used) is extra. With tip and toll cost will exceed $30. There may also be an extra charge - waiting time or parking fee for the car. Also, there is a chance (remote) that you can't find the limo driver or he can't find you.
A taxi is the way to go. Cost for a cab, with tip and toll, should not exceed $30 from LGA to the Hilton.

Mar 4th, 2002, 06:07 PM
patty

To x: I've lived in Manhattan for 25 years and for 10 years I went to the airport about 30-40 times a year. Each time I used either Carmel or Tel Aviv (currently I always use Tel Aviv). I've also never heard of Millenium Limo, but I'm sure they're great. By the way, I never used a car service when I returned home - always caught a cab in the taxi rank.

Mar 5th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Danna

to x:
do you work for Millenium , or are you just extremely irritable? BTW , my spell checker thinks there are two "n"'s in Millennium.

And to the question at hand, my company uses Skyline Credit Ride - clean and reasonable. I normally take a cab as well, during good traffic I've done it as cheap as $18.50 +toll+tip.

Mar 5th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Todd

Tri-State or SABA are great car services. Nice cars, good prices and good drivers

Mar 7th, 2002, 05:19 PM

topping

Mar 7th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Marlena

x([email protected]), I have lived in NYC for 12 years and have never heard of Millennium Limo. Chill out.

Marlena

Mar 7th, 2002, 08:29 PM
cc

How many people are allowed in a NYC cab? Can someone (adult,presumably) sit in front next to the cabbie? Is this advised? HOw about the standard issue Town Car (car service)?

My girlfriend, her husband and three small kids are going to NY soon and don't necessarily want to split into two cabs. Advice?

Mar 8th, 2002, 02:49 AM
rqf

Copied from a NYC site on taxicabs.

"Officially, taxicabs can take on only four riders -- 3 in the backseat, 1 in the front seat. Occasionally, the wider cabs will be willing to take 5
people, but they will usually ask the fifth person to duck down below the sight of the authorities.

Having said that following is a personal experience. We were four adults and a 3 year old going to the city from JFK. The taxi dispatcher said five cannot travel in a cab. I spoke to the driver and he agreed to take us. The dispatcher said nothing. With three children, I don't think you will have a problem with one adult and three children sitting in the back. An alternative would be a car service and there would be no problem.