Car Rentals

Dec 5th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Car Rentals

I never really got a good answer to this question last time I posted - Kal can you give an opinion..... I have a jeep reserved through both Dollar and Thrifty on Kauai. Why? Because I've heard that the ride to the Thrifty lot in the Industrial area is less than gtreat. How about Dollar? Same thing? Any preferences? Rates identical.
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:24 AM

Are the quoted rates the same or quoted totals the same ? Some places off-airport agencies like Thrifty come out cheaper overall because "in airport" places are taxed for the privilege & pass it on to you of course. I don't know whether this applies in Kauai tho'.
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:42 AM

You're going to have to drive through the "industrial area" anyway to get to your hotel. The city of Lihue is not exactly lush and tropical overall. So, I would just go for whatever's cheaper.
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Kal

Aloohaaaa,
24 mo' days until the Lihue Shuffle.
I can already feel the sun beating down on me as I forego using the shuttle and sprint across the parking lot to the Dollar lot while Mrs Kal gets the luggage. 8-)

We've done both and the shuttle off prem really is only about a 5 min drive, unless they have one of the "road improvements" going on.

BUT, I thought Dollar AND Thrifty were located in the very back lot at the airport?
Same rates=on prem, IMHO.
Mahalo,
Kalo
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:26 AM

Kal - "sprint" you say....."sprint"?!?! Honey, you're just not the marathoner in the family........WAIT - I know! - We talkin' chasin' down some all-kee-haul? Count down those days and remember - anticipation is part of the fun!

cl
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:45 AM

Has anyone ever tried one of the Hawaiian brokers, such as carrentalsinhawaii.com?

Their prices are lower than going diretly to the big name rental companies and they do not require a credit card to hold the reservation.

Would love to hear what you guys think?