Car Hire /Accommodation - Lancaster County

Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Hire /Accommodation - Lancaster County

My husband & I are planning to spend 4 nights in Lancaster County in early November. We will be travelling by train from New York and will need to hire a car once we arrive in Lancaster. Does anyone know if there is a car hire company close to Lancaster station so that I can pre-book. I am planning this trip from Australia so it is difficult to get local information. As yet, I haven't booked any accommodation but am looking at either the Amish View Inn & Suites, located midway between Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse or Hampton Inn, Lancaster. Would appreciate any information and recommendations.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM

Enterprise Rental Car has several locations in Lancaster. They are very good about picking you up at your home or office and bringing you to their rental location- that's what they are known for. So I don't see why this would be any different. You would just give them the time your train arrives and they should be able to meet you. On their website all the branches are listed. You may have to contact them to find out which is closest to the train station. If you have the address of the train station or the zip code you can enter it and that should give you the closet branch, otherwise just enter "lancaster, pa"
http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/home.do
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, meath1, for your helpful reply. I will check out the link you posted - much appreciated.
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM

While you are visiting Lancaster, you may want to check this out : http://www.sight-sound.com/WebSiteSS/getlanguages.do
Old Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM

I agree with using Enterprise rental (usually better price), but there is an AVIS in the train station and a Hertz close by too.