Reload this Page >

Cape Cod Lodging this Summer

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 1997, 09:19 AM
Matt Melfi

My wife, 13 year old son and I would like to spend a couple of days in late July bicycling (casually!!) on the Cape and Martha's Vineyard. We're looking for lodging ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Mar 31st, 1997, 05:43 PM
Nancy

The Anchor Inn in Hyannis is a nice place to stay; it's reasonable, you'll have a view of the water and boats, and you can walk (or bike) to restaurants, the ferries, and the downtown area.

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 12:47 PM
Judy Stern

There are a great many bed and breakfasts on the cape but with three people you may want the comfort of a condo. A two bed or one with pull out couch may be available on the top part of Cape at Sea Mist Resort 508-477-0549 or Southcape resort
508-477-4700. The beach is seven miles from last and three from the first. If you want closer to the National Seashore, there is a Sheraton Tara. The biking is marvelous there.
I can not tell you specifically on the Vineyard, but call the chamber of commerce and they can. Book EARLY! Edgar Town is very scenic. If taking a car, you must book for the ferry in advance to be sure of a spot. Lots of bike trails right by the ocean.Have fun!

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 01:05 PM
Audrey

The best biking is really in Eastham at the National Seashore.

Old Apr 10th, 1997, 04:15 AM
kathleen

Try the Ocean Edge in Brewster. It has great facilities, pool, beach, golf, restaurants and is in a better location to see the real cape than Hyannis. From Brewster on out to Provincetown there are wonderful bike trails, beaches and parks. Although the Cape is crowded in july/august, it is less so from Brewster, Wellfleet and Truro.