Cape Cod Lodging

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 12:57 PM
GP

Cape Cod Lodging

My wife and I are planning a 3 or 4 night stay in Cape Cod in July or August. I would appreciate any suggestions for nice, relaxing beach accomodations. I realize time is running out, but I would like to gather as much info as I can...

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 01:36 PM
rey

the scoop with the cape is the following:
Many people rent houses--they rent for a week. For a short visit you are limited to hotels or inns. Try Chatham if you like more developed locations or try Welfleet if you prefer more "beachy" locations. There are few, if any, on the beach locations in Welfleet.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:11 PM
DP

What about Eastham or Orleans are they nice areas in comparison to Chatham.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 06:21 PM
rebecca

Where are you driving flying from?
What are you interested in doing if it's rainy- at night??

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:56 AM
JD

The only hotel actually on the water in Chatham is the Chatham bars Inn which is expensive but nice. Chatham also has the Queen Anne Inn which has jacuzzis on private decks or in the rooms.(in town location).From Chatham, Eastham, and Orleans you can drive to the National Seashore beaches ,which are the nicest beaches on the cape.If you want to stay directly on the beach you could stay more in the middle of the Cape such as in Yarmouth at the Red Jacket or The Ocean Club at Smugglers Beach, or at the seacrest in Falmouth, and then take a day trip down to the National Seashore.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:08 PM
ross

When my wife and I go to the cape for a long weekend in July or August we stay at the Captains Quarters in Eastham. It is a basic motel w/tennis courts, heated pool, & a nice cont. breakfast. We stay there because it is very clean and it is located off rt.6 in the heart of the National Seashore. There is a great bike trail that backs up to the property and you can ride bikes to Nauset Beach, Coast Guard, or Marconi beach & don't need to fight the traffic on rt. 6! The National Seashore beaches are undeveloped so there are no resorts oceanfront, but that's the beauty of Cape Cod!