Cape Cod for 20-Somethings

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Carolyn

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are both in our mid-20s and looking to spend a long weekend this June on the Cape. We know the Cape has beautiful beaches and quaint shops, etc. and are not really interested in those things. We are interested in keeping busy, laughing a lot, and being around a lot of fun people our own age. We like to go out, we like nightlife / bars / drinking. He plays golf, but any daytime fun activities are also welcome. We do not want to get "stuck" someplace where there won't be a lot of nightlife and things to do. Any suggestions about which town to hit and / or where to stay? Where to avoid? I am thinking of Wellfleet but am not sure if we would be bored. We have been to Hyannis - may be a little on the tacky side for a revisit, but would consider it.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Gene

Sounds like you are ready for Ptown. This place is teeming with nightlife and the best part is you do not need to drive. Everything including beach, inns, restaurants clubs and shopping are within walking distance along Commercial street. There is also a trolley that runs to Race Point and Herring Cove beaches so that you only need your car to get there and again when you decide to leave.

There is a golf course in the next town Truro, but I think your boyfriend will find enough to do right in town.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 07:36 PM
joe

Hyannis is your best bet so you can walk around to all the baaaarrrss. If you didn't know Ptown is mostly gay people (I'm not saying there is any thing wrong with it). The reason I said that is you could see some stuff that would shock you. Thay like too shock people some times it's actually funny.

Don't get me wrong Ptown is a very nice place good food,nice beaches etc...

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 03:20 AM
PLease

Please do the people on the Cape a favor- if you are looking to drink with a bunch of 20 somethings, go to Newport RI. Keep the Cape peaceful.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Dougd

Except for Hyannis and P-town, the cape isn't really a party area - however, have you been to the Beachcomber in Wellfleet. This is a VERY lively 20 something Bar and restaurant right on the Ocean, with live music. I believe it's at Cahoon Holow Beach.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Fred

For raging parties, I'd consider Nantucket.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 01:48 PM
mark

Hi,

Sadly, there are many old crumudgeons like "PLease" that have made the Cape less friendly to young people but you still have option...

The Outer Cape (Eastham, Welfleet, Truro and Provincetown) are beautiful with the BEST beaches but are pretty sparse in the nightlife except Provincetown. The one exception is The BEachcomber which is a great afternoon spot on the beach in Welfleet. Provincetown has bars and resteraunts and is fun for a day but after awhile it just seems dirty - many gays, many druggies, freaks, etc...i just can't wash my hands enough after i visit.

An alternative would be to stay near Hyannis or Yarmouth. Main Street in Hyannis (do not confuse with Iyanough RD or rt 132) has some really good restaurants and decent bars.

Another option is Falmouth. They have golf, beaches, bars and resteraunts.

Have fun. And watch out for grouchy Mr PLease

Old May 1st, 2001, 03:48 AM
Please

Mark
I'm laughing at the irony of you calling me and "old curmudgeon" who has made the Cape "less friendly to young people" and then you complain about P-town's "many gays, druggies, and freaks". I believe most young people today are much more open, at least to "gays" and "freaks". I don't want visitors to the Cape who scream drunkenly at 3 am, urinate in public, etc. etc. YOU don't want visitors who are gay. Who is the better person, Mark?

Old May 17th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Huh?

I came to this site looking for some info. & maybe even the opportunity to give some. what I really can't understand is why the backward & forward "back-lashing" that constantly goes on with this almost(that's how is is turning out to be), immature site.
The organisers(which looks like they are taking a back seat), seem to only have their heads in the sand. If this isn't the case then please, for your own sake, do something about it! People remember the bad "things" more than the good "things"!

Old May 17th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Larry

Dear Huh: This thread has been dead for two weeks and probably would not have returned if not for you bringing it to the top. Offensive and non-productive threads are best eradicated by IGNORING THEM, not by responding to them. By the way, had you left a real e-mail address, I would have reponded privately rather than continuing this thread. By the way, out of 7 replies to the original question (before you dragged it back up), only two were non-helpful "backlashing" as you call it. That puts this thread at an "idiot percentage" of 29%: not bad for an internet site that lets people post anonymously.