CANADA or US FOR THE BEST FALL FOLIAGE

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 03:13 AM
Monica

CANADA or US FOR THE BEST FALL FOLIAGE

Where could I see the most spectacular Fall Foliage ?
In Canada or in the US ?
And when is the better period ?

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 04:07 AM
Judd

New England between mid-September and mid-October, although it's very difficult to predict. Degree of color and timing depend on summer and early fall weather. The Yankee magazine website (www.newengland.com) tracks the foliage each fall.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 01:58 PM
Laurie

Hi...I live in Canada, and I believe that one of the most spectaular sights is the drive between Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and Thunder Bay, Ontario during the last two weeks of September or 1st week of October. You will travel along the shores of Lake Superior. The maple trees on the rugged terrain with Lake Superior as a back drop make for many a beautiful photo.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 02:05 PM
Bob Brown

The Southern Appalachians, particularly along the Blue Ridge Parkway in the vicinity of Asheville also sports some beautiful colors. Because elevations range from about 2,000 feet to over 6,000 you see a wide range of colors.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 07:38 PM
Deborah

Canada all the way! Maple trees rock!
They are the most beautiful sight to see in late september early october in northern ontario.