Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone help with lodging in the Hudson Valley area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Trish

I have been looking for lodging either in Hudson, Catskills, New Paltz,Rhinebeck , anywhere around there and I seem to be finding either something way too expensive or dumps. I want something mid range, under $120.00 . Part of my problem is that they want two nights stay and I can only stay one night. This is on a Saturday. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Abbey

Hello, we stayed in Rhinebeck at a really nice B&B called Sleeping Beauty, it's on Chestnut street and you can walk to the main street to go to the shops, etc. The rates are $95-$115 and I think they only require a 2-night stay during "peak" season. Great rooms and fantastic breakfasts! The web addres is: http://www.nettally.com/vaccaro/Slee...uty/index.html or you can call them at 914-876-8986

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Trish

Thankyou for your suggestion. I guess I forgot to mention that I'll need a place during peak season, in July. Most B&Bs I think require two nights on weekends.Any motels that are nice that you know of?

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might want to check the Beekman Arms. which is right in the center of Rhinebeck. The rates seem to be within your price range.

http://beekmandelamaterinn.com/_beekmanarms/rooms.htm

Also, you could look into staying Kingston, NY, which is right across the river from Rhinebeck.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:51 AM

Have you looked at Poughkeepsie? There is a Marriot Courtyard and a Hampton Inn. We stayed at the Courtyard a few years ago. We even ate in their restaurant which was staffed by Culinary Institute students.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:57 AM
NYGirl

Besides the Beekman Arms which is where we always stay, they also have Delameter House which is not as expensive as staying in the actual Inn and they are lovely, fireplaces, four poster beds,etc.
We used to stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Rt44 in Poughkeepsie. It is the last hotel on that highway before Hyde Park and is set back near some woods. It is clean and well kept, and near everything. Very reasonable prices.
That is where we stayed when taking our children or when everything in Rhinebeck was booked.

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:42 AM

If you stay in either Windham or Hunter (both towns are in the Catskills) then you'll get off peak rates. Peak times are during the winter, ski season. I'll bet they'll take a single night's lodging as well. Good luck.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:48 AM

I vote for the Beekman Arms. It is neither too expensive nor a dump. I also think Rhinebeck is a great place to stay.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 10:47 AM

Getting a one night stay in the area in July is pretty much out at the inns and B&Bs and the price you're looking for would be tough too (I know, I've tried). I agree that your best bets are probabably the Pougkeepsie area. The Holiday Inn Express that someone mentioned is really not too bad looking, nicer and less hectic than the Holiday Inn in Kingston on the other side of the river, and if there's a Courtyard by Marriott, that sounds like a good choice too. Poughkeepsie itself isn't likely to occupy much of your time, but it's a reasonable hop up to Hyde Park (where there are some OK looking motels I've seen, but not stayed in) and Rhinebeck.
I also suggest that you make cancellable reservations now. Rhinebeck has crafts and antiques festivals over the summer, and the small hotels/motels also fill up quickly with vendors who might be makng their plans now
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:00 AM

I'll second (or third or fourth) the Holiday Inn Express or the Marriott Courtyard in Poughkeepsie. I have a daughter at the Culinary Institute and have stayed at both more than once. Both are clean and relatively inexpensive. There is also a Holiday Inn and another Courtyard in Fishkill and several chains in Newburgh.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:29 PM

try the hotel thayer at west point. another suggestion is holiday inn highland falls , fort montgomery or newburgh. all are on west side of the hudson river.