Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help with HP Pavillion (San Jose) parking?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to a concert there Friday. Can anyone let me know if there is any easy way to avoid the big parking crowds? Is there some street or smaller lot, even a distance away, where we could park and walk over? Would like not to be in a massive parking jam when it ends. Thanks!!
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 06:40 AM

Public transpo to the HP Pavilion is easy. Go to the link below and scroll down to HP Pavilion under the heading of Points of Interest/Destinations.

http://www.vta.org/schedules/popular_destinations.html
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Do not go to the lots that the traffic police direct you to. Go to the back of the stadium on Julian St. then turn down Montgomery St. and park in the lot at the rear entrance to the stadium. Get there early and park as close to the exit gate as possible. Everytime I've done this, I get out like a "breeze" and avoid all the major jams.
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 08:13 AM

I am a Sharks season-ticket holder and have been since Day 1. For years, we stupidly parked in the lot across from the stadium, which started at $10, then increased to $15 and is now, I think $20. Fortunately, years ago, we figured out a much better answer -- we park downtown in a lot that costs $5.00 (and sometimes we park on the street, depends on the day and time), which is about a 5-block walk (with TONS of game/concert goers going the same place, so it's very safe), and lets us out quite near the freeway entrance (we head to 101 North). If you want more specific directions, please email me at dmlove51 at hotmail.com. By the way, my DD parks there, too, even when she goes alone. Added benefit, lots of places to eat near the downtown parking.
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all!! Just the kind of insider tips I needed. I am a whiz at "end run" parking in SF, but had no idea where to start here!