Reload this Page >

Cameron Trading Post

Search

Cameron Trading Post

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 07:37 AM
xxx

Cameron Trading Post

I have read where Cameron Trading Post is a not to be missed stop, but no explanation given!

Can anyone tell me what Cameron Trading Post is and the pros and cons of stopping there, as I would be going out of my way to get there?

On their web site it seem like an expensive store and a resturant where you can buy Navajo Tacos!

Only REAL comments appreciated! Thanks

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Al

Look northeast of Flagstaff, AZ where Hwys 64 and 89 intersect; that's Cameron. The trading post there is a very large store and adjoining motel. Lots and lots of Navajo souvenirs and Western things. Many stop there because they have clean toilets. And it's many miles to the next stop. Turn west on 64 and enter Grand Canyon National Park's South Rim by the back door, thus avoiding heavy traffic.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 12:58 PM
rqf

I wouldn't put it on my list as a "must see". If you are entering the South Rim or leaving the south rim through the east entrance the Cameeron Trading Post is at the junction of rt 89 and rt. 64 (road that goes through the Gr. Canyon). It is a motel with a restaurant and a retail store specializing in southwestern merchandisie. We had an ordinary lunch in the restaurant.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 09:39 AM
Edye

keep driving unless you need to stretch or use the facilities.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 03:33 PM
boots

We stopped there in April and it was great- a large store with a huge selection of everything and good prices (we spent a week in Arizona and their prices matched or beat all others). It was fascinating just to see the types of things they sold. I wouldn't miss it and we'll certainly stop in again next time we go to Grand Canyon!