Reload this Page >

Camden, Ogunquit or Kennebunkport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Heather

My husband and I are coming from the Buffalo, NY area to Maine in August. We're plannig on spending 2 days in Bar Harbor. We'd like to go somewhere else for 2 more days. Camden, Ogunquit, and Kennenbunkport have caught my eye. Any input on the 3 locations would be appreciated. Also, any B & B recommendations for those areas? Our price range is about $125 a night. Thank you.

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Kim

Heather,
My husband and I went a few years ago in Sept. We took a week and traveled the coast from NH to Maine. During our trip we spent 2 days in Ogunquit and 1 day in Kennebunkport. Stayed in York Harbor, ME (York harbor inn - yorkharborinn.com) and Trellis house (trellishouse.com) in Ogunquit. Kennebunkport was more touristry but quaint. Enjoyed Qgunquit slightly more (Marginal Way). Great antique shops between York Harbor and Ogunquit. Have fun.

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Mel

Funny, when I read the first post I decided to recommend York Harbor--and the second poster beat me to it! I can't remember the name of the B&B we stayed in (it was 3 years ago), but it's a really lovely, old fashioned looking town--not at all pretentious and very relaxing.

We liked Kennebunkport for walking the town at night--lovely, but very expensive (though we did have a great dinner on the harbor).

Old May 5th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Local

As a "contrast" to BH, I'd recommend further south than Camden. Ogunquit, Kennebunkport, and York are all fairly close, with Ogunquit being the most central. I've not stayed at a B&B there, but the Spar Hawk Hotel is a reasonable, centrally located, lovely place to stay.