Reload this Page >

California Wine Country on a Budget

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Lois

Are there any places to stay anywhere in wine country for less than $100 a night? No luck here, thought someone could help.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Liz

In Sonoma, we stayed here 2 years ago, and thought it was very nice for the price.
http://www.elpuebloinn.com

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 10:08 AM
teener

We just got reservations for 3 at the Chablis Inn in Napa for $90.00/nite. It may have been a mistake tho, I e-mailed them and they e-mailed back the price of $90.00 but when my husband called, they quoted him differently. He told them he had an e-mail with $90.00 and as far as I know they are honoring it.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Gail

I would recommend the napa valley budget Inn over the Chablis. They are right next to each other and I have stayed at both. The Budget Inn has nicer rooms, better free continental breakfast and a pool. I was just there last weekend and was impressed.
A small room with double beds, but I think you will like it better. Ask for rooms off the highway. They also offer AAA discount.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 06:49 AM
gina

This might not be what you had in mind, but a few years ago my sister and I stayed at the White Sulpher Springs for less than $100 a night. This is less of a hotel and more like a campground - communal bathrooms and spare accommodations. But we really wanted a pool (which they had) and we were pretty thrilled with our bargain. More $$ to spend on food and wine!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Casey

My husband and I just made reservations at the Napa Valley Railway Inn in Yountville. It is $95/night on the weekends and $75/night during the week (during off-peak season). You stay in renovated train cars (with bathrooms). It doesn't sound very posh, but we are not going to be there very much. It is centrally located in Napa Valley.