Calgary, Alberta Canada end of June

Old Jan 7th, 1997, 07:19 PM
CD

Calgary, Alberta Canada end of June

I visited Edmonton, AB last August, and one of the best parts of the trip was visiting Fort Edmonton Park. I believe that Calgary has the same sort of "historical park"--if it is anything like the one in Edmonton, it should not be missed! It would be an especially great place to go if you have school-aged kids.
One hint about saving money: for about $28(US) I bought an Entertainment book for Edmonton (one is available for Calgary, too). This allowed us to try a number of different restaurants, and get one meal free. We could actually afford to eat at a wonderful 5-star restaurant (The Carvery--I think there is one in Calgary) for half price! With exchange rates the way they are it was a great deal! You can order a Calgary Entertainment book by calling 1-800-374-4464.

Old Feb 9th, 1997, 10:03 PM
Anne

The Calgary zoo is excellent. Try and make a side trip to the mountains. The coupon books are a great idea.

Old Feb 15th, 1997, 07:32 PM
Les Brost

Calgary at the end of June is a great place to visit. Heritage Park gives you a great feel for the history of Calgary. The Glenbow Museum is wonderful, and of course you are next door to Banff, Jasper, etc. For fun restaurants, the one I recommend is Memories Inn in Turner Valley. I live in SE Alta., but know Calgary. If you want more info, E-mail me

Old Mar 26th, 1997, 08:45 AM
carrie

No shortage of things to do in Calgary, as long as you're willing to travel out of the city. Peter lougheed Park/Kananaskis is beautiful -- and no crowds like Banff.
Recommendations for eating are The River Cafe in Prince's Island Park -- nice, by the river, make reservations; Cilantro on 17th Avenue; Virginia's for martinis!
Sights in town: zoo, Prince's Island Park, some great bookstores, too. -- Bragg Creek also very good for some antique hunting.

Old Apr 8th, 1997, 03:24 PM
Pauline Everitt

If you are campers, hikers, golfers plan to stay in beautiful mountains in Kananaskis country. Calgary hosted 1988 olympics and that site is worth a visit. Calgary zoo is world class. Heritage park is an historical village museum. It will take a full day to see.