Search

Busch Gardens/Williamsburg crowds?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2008, 12:08 PM
ljv
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busch Gardens/Williamsburg crowds?

Our family of 4 will be in Williamsburg for 3 nights beginning Aug 6. From those of you who have recently been in the area, waht are the crowds like, particularly at BG?

Is it problematic getting into some of the CW historical buildings?

Any opinion on either Chownings Tavern or Sheilds? we'll have our 2 daughters with us, ages 9 and 19.

Any feedback is appreciated
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will have NO problem with crowds at CW. It will be very crowded and hot at BG.

My favorite taverns are King's Arms and Christiana Campbell's.

You will need some type of admission ticket to enter many of the buildings at CW.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Early August will likely be hot and humid with the chance of afternoon thunderstorms. We've had less humid spells this summer. It's been nice.

As already mentioned, crowds will not really be an issue in CW. Perhaps more so at Busch but it depends when you're going. Early on during the weekdays will be much less busy than afternoons and evenings Thursday thru Sunday.

It is not at all problematic getting into CW's buildings with a ticket. Otherwise entry into buildings is primarily limited to those which have something to sell you.

Shields Tavern recently returned to serving full meals after being a "colonial coffee shop" for a couple of years. I'd go with this over Chownings as it's new and the menu is likely to be a bit more interesting. Don't know if you're talking about lunch or dinner but after 8pm, the entertainment at Chownings is appropriate for the 19 YO but not so much for the 9 YO.

Neither place takes reservations (I think).

Have fun!