Reload this Page >

Busch Gardens - Williamsburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 10:33 AM
Dave Rubinton

We - my wife and 2 boys (9 & 7) and myself - will be heading to BG in 2 weeks. My questions are whether this park can be done in one day (dawn to dusk) and whether there are any discounts available other than the $4 off coupons? We'd like to conserve time and $ for other activities and we've been to Orlando and Six Flags this past year.

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 10:49 AM
Dawn

It is easy to do in one complete day, and they, BG, do not give out many discounts, so $4 is not bad, have fun!!!

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 12:42 PM
Samantha

Hi Dave - My husband and I just went to BG a few days ago and we had a BLAST! As Dawn said, it can be done in one day, but my suggestion to you is get there EARLY. The park opens at 10:00, we got to the area about 10:30 and spent almost an hour waiting to get in, from the exit off of Interstate 64 to actually parking the car. Also, for the price of admission ($35.00 for adults, we had no discounts - not sure of kids' prices), you'll want to get yout money's worth! If you, your wife and boys love roller coasters and the boys meet the height requirements, you're in for a treat! I especially loved the Alpengeist - lots of loop-de-loops, corkscrew turns and embankments. You'll all be pooped at the end of the day from all of the walking and fun, but it's worth it. Enjoy!

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 08:41 PM
Arwen

Hi Dave,
We just spent our vacation there at Williamsburg. We purchased a combination pass that allowed us to go to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, and the Water Park (I forget the name). It was a 5 day pass and we spent 2 days in Williamsburg with the evenings in Busch Gardens, and divided the rest of the days between Busch Gardens, Jamestown and the water park. We ran out of time to go to Yorktown.

My kids LOVED Busch Gardens. If you love roller coasters, you'll love Alpengeist. Even I enjoyed it and went on several times and I'm afraid of roller coasters. The lines are very short in the evenings (10 minute wait at most).

Don't miss Patrick Henry's speech in Williamsburg. Very impressive. He's in character and will take questions from the audience and you really feel as if you're talking to the geniune guy.

Have fun!

Old Aug 14th, 1999, 11:25 AM
Jenny

We went to Busch Gardens over the July 4th weekend and purchased tickets through AAA, paid $30 for an adult ticket. Not sure about kids tix.

Old Aug 14th, 1999, 12:39 PM
Diane

BG is one of the most beautiful amusement parks we've been too, including Disney World. Stick some large ziplock bags in a pocket or purse. If you go on the water-rapids ride you may possibly get soaked through, and it was helpful to have packaged my purse, our wallets and watches inside a zipped shut plastic bag. Absolutely fun fun fun.

Old Aug 14th, 1999, 12:40 PM
Diane

BG is one of the most beautiful amusement parks we've been too, including Disney World. Stick some large ziplock bags in a pocket or purse. If you go on the water-rapids ride you may possibly get soaked through, and it was helpful to have packaged my purse, our wallets and watches inside a zipped shut plastic bag. Absolutely fun fun fun.

Old Aug 16th, 1999, 07:14 AM
Dave Rubinton

Thanks to all respondents - very helpful and encouraging info.