Bryce and Zion tours and activities

Old Jul 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryce and Zion tours and activities

I'm heading to Zion and Bryce with my father for a week in August. He (late 50's) and I (late 20's) are both very active, and interested in exploring the parks in ways beyond hiking (ie: biking, rafting, repelling, etc.) We are looking for tours (or tour guides) that have been used in the past at either park. Additionally, the names of any hiking tours/guides (in either park) would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM

Bryce is really quite small and easy to hike on your own. If you stick to the main trails, the same can be said for Zion. If you want to do canyoneering in various parts of the park, then a guide is a great idea--if not necessary. And there are some great places in Zion to do that.

Check out the National Park websites for links to local businesses and Google Springdale and other towns nearby--like Kanab or even St. George and see if a tourism website doesn't list guides etc. for things like rock climbing.

There is more river rafting in Moab--the rivers on the west side of the state aren't really big enough for rafting like the Green, San Juan, and Colorado.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much for your input StantonHyde! I think we're going to do Bryce on our own and do a half day biking trip in Zion. You're right about Moab though - I was finding the same thing. Looks like we'll have to come back for another trip!
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:58 PM

Several years ago we did the park vendor mule ride into Bryce and it was beautiful. The rider with the most experience should take the camera.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 03:08 AM

Zion Adventure Company in Zion

Desert Highlights in Moab. I have done canyoneering with Matt(the owner)once, and Herb twice. Both are excellent.