Brunch/lunch in Santa Cruz?

Jul 18th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Deblynn

Brunch/lunch in Santa Cruz?

Can anybody suggest someplace for a good late breakfast or lunch in Santa Cruz? Will be traveling from SF To Monterey.

Jul 18th, 2004, 09:26 PM

A fun and scenic spot is the Crow's Nest at the Santa Cruz Harbor.
http://www.crowsnest-santacruz.com/
For a really really good breakfast,
we go to Red Apple Cafe in the Deer Park Center in Aptos. Not very scenic but definitely a LOCALS hangout!
Jul 19th, 2004, 01:01 AM

I agree, the Crow's Nest is great, but only for lunch or dinner. They do not serve breakfast. We love to go upstairs to the bar area, then to the outside deck (the non-smoking one, there are two) where you can sit outside and watch the boats go in and out. The menu is more casual than downstairs, and they don't rush you out. If you eat downstairs with the expanded menu, be sure and wait for a window seat. The Crow's Nest opens at 11:30 AM. For breakfast I agree that Red Apple Cafe is good, but in my opinion, the Silver Spur in Santa Cruz/Soquel on Soquel is maybe even better. You would be happy with either. If your day starts late, pick the Crow's Nest and enjoy the view!
Jul 19th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Hi Soquel, we love the Silver Spur too! Can't believe they aren't open on Sundays anymore. That's the morning we go out to breakfast.
Jul 19th, 2004, 06:48 AM

Deblyn,

Do you know if you'll be here on a weekday or weekend?
Jul 19th, 2004, 12:16 PM

If you are interested in great views, and will be eating more toward lunch time, I would suggest the Santa Cruz wharf or Capitola Village. The wharf restaurants focus on seafood (as you could probably guess). In Capitola Village there are several different types of restaurants with patios overlooking the beach.