Search

brookline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:53 PM
bridgit

brookline

Does anyone know the holiday inn in brookline? is it nice and clean?

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Rod

It is average. It is clean but it is your only choice in Brookline and can be expensive for a Holdiay Inn

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Dick

It is in a good location, but it is old,,,,and the parking charge is high for the suburbs

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:46 AM
OMalley

Bridgit, Check a map. Some parts of Brookline are far away from the Holiday Inn and some parts of Boston are quite close to much of Brookline. You should be noting distances (and public transportation?).

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Howard

It's your typical Holiday Inn. Decent, but nothing fancy. It's right on Beacon Street, convention to public transportation.
Dick, you they charge for parking now? They never used to.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Dick

Howard,

Yes they charge for parking...$12.00 night. Since Brookline does not allow overnight street parking...you have no reasonable alternative.

THat's one of the reasons I no longeer stay there. The hotels in Newton are nicer and still only a few miles from the parts of Brookline I visit.

By the way....although the hotel has been updated and enlarged....it is over 40 years old. I believe it was originally called the 1200 Beacon.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:27 AM
sandy

Average at best. try the Bertram Inn on Sewall Avenue. Only a block away from Holiday inn. Bertram Inn is beautiful B&B if that style accomadation is agreeable to you-

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Howard

You are right, Dick. It indeed was the 1200 Beacon Street that I remember from my college days. Thanks for the bit nostalgia!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Dick

Howard,

I think its closer to 50 years old. When a classy hotel ages it stil looks classy.

But this is just a Holiday Inn in a great location....the building looks tired.

Might be okay if you didn't have a car...but a car offers many more alternatives that are nicer.