Broadmoor Hotel-be aware

Feb 14th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Broadmoor Hotel-be aware

We have stayed at The Broadmoor and think it is lovely, but they have a very hard-nosed policy you must be aware of: If you do not cancel your reservation at least seven (7) days in advance, they will charge your account for the ENTIRE reserved stay, even if you cancel the sixth day before the start of the reservation period. Because we cancelled on that sixth day, we are being charged for all three(3) days of the anticipated stay! So beware of their inflexibility....
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Colorado Springs?
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Did they conceal this policy when you made the reservation? If so - I would challenge it with your credit card company. If not - you really don;t have cause for complaint.
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:29 PM

OK, I'm assuming it's the CS Broadmoor. Their website states very clearly:

>>Cancellation: Reservations may be cancelled, or stays shortened, up to seven days prior to arrival; cancellations or shortened stays will be charged if made within seven days of check-in.<<

I have stayed in places where this is the stated policy but the mgmt is willing to negotiate depending on the circumstances. Guess the Broadmoor wouldn't or couldn't be more accommodating. Sorry this happened to you. Thanks for the heads up.
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:34 AM

Wow....In all my travels I have never encountered a cacnellation policy involving the ENTIRE stay...Normally, forfeiture would be one nights stay plus tax.The quote from the website says nothing about "entire stay" or toal time reserved for.Sorry for your loss but thanks for the posting.
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:54 AM

Wow. I would think that a place that is so popular would have a "normal" cancellation policy.
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:15 AM

missypie writes: "Wow. I would think that a place that is so popular would have a 'normal' cancellation policy."

Unfortunately it usually is the opposite. If you have contracted for a room in a popular place, chances are that someone else has been turned down for it. A week gives them time to rent to someone else without dumping it on Priceline and losing money or making less money.

I live in a resort, and most places have three day minimums and fairly stringent cancellation policies for this reason. I don't like it (we were badly burned cancelling by email in Savannah-- always call and get a cancellation number) but it is the reality.
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:26 AM

I'd say the "reality" is that the establishment has been able to keep this policy without significant clientele negative reaction and because the market will bear it. When, and if, business ever falls off because of it you'll see it disappear quite rapidly I am certain.
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM

It's standard resort policy, just like the "resort fee" you gotta pay when you stay at a resort.If you dont wanna pay the fee, dont stay at the resort.What is NOT standard is the charging of the entire stay that was reserved.Different areas, different policies.Whne I go to New York or DC I have to be on my toes and make sure any changes are at least 48 or 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival.
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:39 AM
GoTravel

When I was the Director of Sales and Marketing for a SLH Inn, we had a two week cancelation policy for the full stay.

We were so small and that we were an independent, anything less would have bankrupted us.

Can't figure this out with the Broadmoor.