Bright Angel Lodge Grand Canyon?

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Bright Angel Lodge Grand Canyon?

Has anyone stayed at the Bright Angel Lodge in Grand Canyon Village, South Rim, that is recommended by Fodor's? Cabins are available for our trip in beginning of June? Any feedback?

geordias
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:13 PM

Have you done a search here? Type in Bright Angel Lodge and you will find a myriad of reports and info. We found it to be close, convenient and we would stay again.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 04:42 AM

Cabins are basic but very clean. Private baths. Beds, bureau, small desk, TV. On the small side. Most have 2 units with door between that can be opened up if, for example, family rents both sides. All are less than 100 feet to Canyon overlook.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 05:54 AM

We stayed at a cabin in October. As the previous poster said it is very basic accomodations but for the location it was out of this world!!

Our cabin was about 25 feet from the rim with only a sidewalk separating us from the Canyon. It was the best. Location-wise I felt like I won the lottery.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 10:09 AM
E

Agree with all of the above. Cabin was basic but perfectly comfy and clean, and the location is perfect, prefect. We saw moonrise, sunrise, sunset, all just by stumbling a few steps from our door. If one is available, book it!!
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:54 PM

Although it has been more than 10 years since we stayed there I add my endorsement. We stayed there in January. It was amazing how pitch black the canyon is at night and then there it is in the morning. Definitely recommend it based on our experience.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Be sure to get a rim cabin ... great location, although keep in mind there's lots of foot traffic right around there. However, some of the other cabins seemed right on top of the parking lot; I wouldn't have wanted to be in one of these.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 04:45 PM

We were in one of the cabins closest to parking lot - not a problem. Most noise came from foot traffic on paths leading to either parking lot or Rim - and there was no way to avoid that. I would not have wanted to have cabin right on Rim - each cabin has big windows that open out, and windows on closest cabins are less than 5 feet from paths. People in these cabins must have heard the numerous conversations of those standing at Rim to see sunrise or sunset.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

I booked a cabin on the rim and am looking forward to our stay in June.

I love this website. It's incredible !! Access to a world of travelers.

Thanks again.