Brewhouses in Naples, FL?

Old May 9th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brewhouses in Naples, FL?

Can anyone recommend a spot in Naples, FL, possibly with live music near the water? I am trying to arrange a business/social event for about 10 people. I'm in CA so it's a little bit of a stretch for me
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:27 PM

When? What kind of place -- dinner, drinks, snacks? Time? Entertainment starts dwindling away this time of year, except perhaps some weekends.
One issue here in Naples is that hours are limited on outside entertainment -- for "noise quality".
Tell me when specifically, and I'll do some nosing around for you. Where are you all staying? Does this need to be downtown Naples or further north?

What kind of budget? Another idea is a charter boat sort of thing -- although music may not be a part of it, could drinks and a sunset cruise meet the bill?

Old May 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM

icw2008, are you out there? Let me know if I can be of help here.

Old May 12th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Hi NeoPatrick

I'm back. Looks like Friday night request is for something very casual, 8-10 people, brewhouse, $25-30pp. I'm working in the dark a little with change requests flying at me.

Also, now looking for something for 8-10 people, 40-50pp excluding drinks, close to water. What about The Tide Beachfront Restaurant on Marco Island. Really an island?
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:15 AM

"Really an island?" Do you mean the place or Marco Island? Yes, Marco Island is an island connected by bridge -- not that you'd feel it being an island once you're there. Where are you staying? That could be a half hour or longer drive back afterwards if you're staying in Naples.

Right in Downtown Naples, here's a casual waterfront spot that does entertainment on the weekends:

http://www.riverwalktincity.com/
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Hello again--I make travel arrangements for our company managers and their clients all over the U.S. and I am in San Diego so that's why I am unfamiliar with Naples. I just know that asked for something nice near the water for one evening and something more casual, i.e., a brewhouse for another evening.
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Florida is not known for its brewpubs. That's why people from FL go to the west coast! I would forget the brewpub idea and think about a funky laid-back seafood restaurant or a Cuban restaurant that would be unique to people from outside of Florida. I think Columbia has a restaurant there. They are upscale Cuban and probably will have some entertainment.
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Nope. No Columbia Restaurant in Naple -- maybe you're thinking of Sarasota.

There is a brand new big brew pub in North Naples. It's on Naples Blvd. right by the Hollywood 20 theatres, and near Costco and Lowes. It only opened a couple weeks ago and I've seen the cars jamming the lots. Sorry, I can't think of the name of it -- Miller's? Or maybe simply Naples Brew Pub?

The Riverwalk I linked above is about as typical "Olde Naples" as you can get -- along with its sister restaurant, the Dock at Crayton Cove. I specified Riverwalk because they do have music there. It's very casual, shorts and t-shirts are the most common.

By the way -- where are you suggesting for the nicer place? We had a dinner by sunset sitting right on the beach last week at The Turtle Club at Vanderbilt. Good food, but it's more about sitting on the beach than anything. I had to dump the sand out of my shoes when I got home.
www.windwardhospitality.com/naples/index.html
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:03 PM

Never mind about my comments on the new "brew pub". It is Miller's Ale House (also called Naples Ale House), but apparently they don't do brewing or even have their own beers. More of an eating place with wings, ribs, and the usuals.
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info so far. It does help a lot when I am wading through the listings and reviews.