Breckenridge Ski Instructor

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are looking for a 1/2 day private ski lesson in Breckenridge. Private lessons are $395, which seems very expensive. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM

are you beginners or more advanced? if you are beginner or intermediate skiers then perhaps a group lesson would work. if not then maybe it's worth the money, but that is 790 plus tickets. maybe you could ask around in the pubs - there are lots of Very good skiers around.
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM

One caveat...being a good skier does not necessarily translate into being a good instructor. If you are serious about ski lessons then pay the price for quality instruction. You might check as to the size of the classes. Sometimes they have smaller groups than you might expect.
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 11:15 PM

I've never had a private ski lesson, only group lessons, but I would guess that the Breckenridge prices are similar to those for private lessons and nearby, similar resorts.

I would also suggest a group lesson, whatever level you're at. The group sizes (I think 8 people is the max, though you should ask because I could be misremembering) are not too huge, and you could always end up with fewer people in your particular class.

I would also suggest that you not just try to hire someone in a bar. Instructors aren't just good skiers, they tend to be good at teaching! Also, when you're in a lesson (private or group), you get to skip the lift line, which can be a great side benefit if the lift lines are long.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM

I agree with the others--unless you are an advanced skier and know you have a very specific issue you'd like to work on, go with a group. They are a much better value. If you and your wife are not at the same level of skiing, a private lesson with both of you could be pretty inefficient.
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM

If you are a beginner (level 1-4) Breckenridge has the Ultimate 4 which is a group lesson with the maximum of 4 people. The price on the website says $230/person for lifts and $241/lift and lesson. http://www.breckenridge.com/ski-and-...mate-four.aspx

Private lessons are expensive but you get personalized attention so you get a lot out of a private. I think groups are also a good, not as expensive option. Depending on your level and the day, I'm not sure about Breckenridge but I know in Vail (where I teach pt), a group lesson is sometimes only a few people.

Hope that helps!
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM

This is a 4 year old thread topped by a new poster with a link to their own website.

Advertising violates terms of service.
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I've had excellent instructors at Breck. I agree that a group lesson is worthwhile as long as the group is small. Private lessons are more expensive because they are private
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 04:26 AM

You will have all the ski instruction you can handle in a group lesson. I agree your level of skill may enter into it, but anything below an expert, you'll welcome waiting for others to do their skiing while you rest and get your breath. We have friends who were ski patrol in the east, and they took a lesson every time they went west. They will match your skill to the class.
You get to go in front of lift lines so in a day's lessone there is a LOT of teaching.
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 04:39 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Gretchen makes a good point.

One year I was out in Seattle for a conference and all my customers were busy at a state event. So, I made a call and drove out to Snoqualmie after work. They had a deal for rental, ski lift and group lesson for about $30 at night. When I showed up, I was the only one. That was a really INEXPENSIVE private lesson. Virtually no one else was there so Jake, the Aussie ski instructor, kept us going constantly. He was a great instructor and funny too. When were finished, I was exhausted. He skiied every day - and I didn't. We didn't take any breaks - except for rides on the lift.

After learning to ski on icy southern slopes, struggling by myself and/or the "help of friends, I take a group lesson every time I go out west. I learn a lot and they can correct a bad habit before I do any damage.