Ski instructor in Tremblant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am skiing in Tremblant with my husband and my family in February. We can both ski, but my parents and two brothers (12 & 14) need lessons.

The Tremblant ski school seems to be very expensive, and limited in the type of lessons that it offers. Can anyone provide details of a private instructor who will take a group of four and whose charges are reasonable?

Thanks
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 11:59 AM

I'm not sure that Intrawest allows private instructors at Tremblant. I know at some other their other mountains, they actively discourage any outside instructors, so would check on this before you make any arrangements.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 04:43 PM

I think what you might be looking for is an instructor who would work with you outside of the program on their own time. My son was an instructor out west and would occasionally do this for friends and family on the QT - Cat123 is right though, the resort would certainly not approve IF they found out. No ski school uniform could be worn but alot of the instructors were only happy to make some extra money. They made more than through the resort which takes quite a cut. I have a friend who was a patroller at Tremblant and might know some instructors. I can find out for you if you're interested.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

I would be very grateful if you could provide details of any instructors who are willing to provide either ski or snowboard instruction outside of the usual programme. My husband and I are organising lessons for my parents and my brothers (all beginners) and have been shocked by the potential cost.

Trembant ski school are only offering group lessons limited to 90 minutes at Can$57 (excl tax)! I have never come across such expensive prices in North America or Europe. This would come to around Can$2700 (incl tax) for five 3-hour lessons for a family of 4!!
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:06 PM

Check the Tremblant website for the Ski Week lessons plan. It's considerably cheaper than single group lessons.

If you still think it's too expensive, you might post your question on the Tremblant insider board.
http://www.tremblant-insider.com/
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunately we have been told that the ski week plan is not available for the week we will be there. I agree that the ski week plan is well priced and in line with other ski resorts.