Search

Breakfast in Soho

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 05:46 AM
kim

Breakfast in Soho

I will be in NYC this weekend and will be staying at 60 Thompson in Soho. Any recommendations for a quick and easy breakfast nearby? Thanks!

Kim

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Kat

The Cupping Room Cafe on West Broadway:

http://www.echonyc.com/~jkarpf/eggs/...s/cupping.html

Old May 30th, 2001, 02:54 PM
steve

In Soho you could go upscale to Balthazar or diner-style at Jerry's. My favorite breakfast spot is Kitchenette in Tribeca-you could walk there from Soho.
Please post a report on 60 Thompson when you return. It looks very nice in magazine photos, but I'd love to hear from someone who's stayed there.

Old May 30th, 2001, 03:04 PM
joan

Soho sounds fun!
Does 60 thompson have a website?
Still trying to figure out where to go for the weekend with Southwest ticket.

Old May 31st, 2001, 04:58 AM
Lizzie

I am pretty sure Jerry's has closed. Balthazar for brunch is a great way to experience the restaurant without the chaos (and $$) of dinner. I agree with previous poster re: Kitchenette, and it's not a long walk from your hotel at all. For really quick and easy, Spring St. Bakery has great pastries - right next door to Lombardi's, maybe Spring and Mulberry? Also Le Pain Quotidien, which is on Grand between Greene and Mercer, I think.

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:09 AM
kim

Website for 60 thompson is, yep, you guessed it, www.60thompson.com! Can't wait as it will be our first time in a more trendy, upscale hotel (as opposed to a days inn or the Edison). I will definitely post about it when I get back.

Thanks for the breakfast suggestions!

Kim

Old May 31st, 2001, 09:15 AM
m

There are many cute euro-style cafes in the general area. walk along Prince or Spring sts. between Broadway and 6th av, you'll find many.