Breakfast in Minneapolis

Search

Breakfast in Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breakfast in Minneapolis

Hi, we're staying near the Mall of America, but would like to find a breakfast place on Fri. and Sat. after Thksgiving. We know the St. Paul/Minn. area pretty well, although we don't often get there during the week to enjoy breakfast. We've done Chez Colette @ the Sofitel several times......does anyone have any faves other than that? We're probably thinking the 'burbs (Edina/Eden Prairie/St. Louis Park) rather than the downtowns. We don't want a greasy spoon, altho we don't necessarly need an "upscale" like the Sofitel either.....but we're open to anything...new, old, funky, variety, loud, quiet. And wile you're at it, if you think of a great new dinner-find, we're all ears on that topic too! Thx dear Fodorites! Colette
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 08:42 AM

IMHO the BEST breakfast in the Twin Cities is to be found in one of the locations of Keys Cafe. As at St Paulite I am blissfully unaware of locations in the western suburbs, the website link is given below.

www.keyscafe.com

Old Nov 19th, 2007, 10:25 AM

I was also going to mention Keys but when I realized you were by MOA didn't know of any out that way. There is an Original Pancake House over by Southdale Shopping Center and there is a Perkins at 494 and France.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Hell Kitchen might be worth making the trip from the MOA area to downtown. Fantastic and creative menu.

http://www.hellskitcheninc.com/

Also, the Highland Park area of St. Paul is not that far away and has an old fav, Cecil's Deli --- although it's been awhile.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Thx for your replies! yes, I love Keys...Have only been to one of them, but the sausage hash browns many years ago were quite memorable!! I've been to the Pancake House, and that was just a fairly recent find a year or so ago.....yum! But I'll have to check into Hell's Kitchen and Cecil's Deli.....those are new to me! Thanks for the tips!! Colette
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM

I would say if you want to stay in the burbs, that the Edina Grill would be my choice. They have amazing waffles and pancakes for breakfast, and dinner is great there too. It's at 50th and France in Edina.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM

Oh I forgot, I too recommend the Edina Grill at 50th & France. A good choice
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you laurabailey and Cali.....I was glad to hear something about the Edina Grill! I've driven past it, but have never stopped in OR heard anyone recommend it! I think we'll try that one day and maybe Hell's Kitchen the next. Cecil's Deli is on my "to-do" list for another trip to MSP! Thanks again.....Colette