Search

Boutique Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:06 PM
lisa

Boutique Hotels

I will be staying in NY in Feb. and am interested in staying at one of the Boutique/Trendy Hotels. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to be somewhat close to Rockefeller Center (Have Business meetings in this area). Thanks in advance for any help.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Merilee

Hi Lisa...look into the Gorham on West 55th Street..it's within walking distance of almost everything including Rockefeller Center...lovely rooms, great service.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:19 PM
E.

Well, this is really beating a dead horse, but the Michelangelo, which has been praised here sooo often, is a boutique hotel that deserves all the kudos Fodorites heap on it. I love it, and it's about a block from the Rock. But it isn't trendy, it's very Italian and old-world elegant.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:24 PM
steve

The Library Hotel is well-located and very attractive. Also The Chambers is getting lots of good press. For something a little less expensive but still a bit "trendy" I like the Mansfield and The Time Hotel.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:36 PM
John

the City Club, Chambers, the Royalton, the Paramount, MOrgans, and the Hudson are all running specials right now. City Club and Chambers are in the $250 range and throw in breakfast. The others have specials involving a stay of one or two nights and an additional night free.

If you're looking for the next best thing, the City Club is poised to be the next "cool" hotel; built by a young member of the NYC social set and including db, the bistro from Daniel Boulud. It's directly across the street from the Royalton.

Also, the new W in Times Square is pretty hip, although not really a boutique hotel...