Search

Boston USA Specials card and Giacomo's

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston USA Specials card and Giacomo's

Hello- I'm writing with 2 questions.
First, does anyone know of a place where I can find a published list of all the places in Boston that accept the Boston USA specials card?
Second, I heard that Giacomo's in the North End was a good but reasonable restaurant. Is this true? My wife and I are into good food at restaurants that are not pretentious and/or overpriced. Any Boston area suggestions that fit this bill would be appreciated.
Thanks- PN
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:56 AM

Can't answer your first question. My favorite N. End restaurant is Paglucias. There is no question this fits the kind of place you are looking for. I would recommend reservations,but not a must. Paglucias is just off Hanover st.. The best italian food,the most italian atmosphere,the most resonable prices.
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:57 AM

Check out http://www.bostonusa.com .
At the bottom right of page click on save money all over town, where you will find a list of places offering the discount.
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:02 PM

There are dozens of North End restaurants that fit your discription. We just wander around the neighborhood and choose one that suits our mood. I can't remember all the ones we've been to, but L'Osteria on Salem St. was one of the better ones, as was Mauritzio's on Hanover St. If you want something really exotic, try the Addis Red Sea Etihopian restaurant not too far from the Prudential Center - unique and casual. Another really inexpensive but pretty good place in Cambridge is Grendl's Den, a college pub type place where the meals run about $7 when you buy a large beer.
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:24 PM
mm

Don't know about the USA card but I do know that Giacomo's is an excellent restaurant specializing in seafood. There is no menu, offerings are included on a chalk board.

The place is very small and a wait is to be expected. Go to www.phamtomgourmet.com and search for Giacomo's.

The food is fantastic and it is located close to a lot of interesting places.

MM