boston restaurant

Jun 24th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

boston restaurant

We (myself, husband, 14 and 12 yr old) are staying at the Marriott Custom house June 28-July2. We are eating at the Barking Crab the first night because we don't know when we will be in and want to go very casual and close. The second nght we are going to the Top of The Hub in the Prudential Center for the view. We want to eat in the North end 1 night. What do you recommend for semi casual with great food and maybe some atmosphere for our last 2 nights. Price isn't a factor but remember we have 2 kids with us and usually pricey restaurants are more formal for kids even though my kids eat anything.
Jun 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM

For a FUN family night since you are so close try Durgin Park, it's a Boston Legend, family style and good food, lots of seafood. It is located at Fanuiel Hall.

Also the Union Oyster House is close by and one of the oldest restaurants in the US.

Little Italy, I would just walk down the street until you see something that looks good to you, basically you can't go wrong there.
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:26 AM

For the best italian food try La Famiglia Giorgios on Newbury street. Paul
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:58 AM

Go to Legal's for seafood. There's one near you at the end of State St., near the aquarium. You can sit outside looking at the harbor.

North End: We like L'Osteria for casual traditional Italian. Go to Modern Pastry for a canolli.

If you're in Beacon Hill, try Figs for pizza. Also, Upper Crust for great, very casual, pizza.

Back Bay: Walk on Newbury St., where you'll find many shops and restaurants. Stephanie's is great for comfort food and has a variety of things for all. Have fun.
Jun 25th, 2006, 06:57 AM

Durgin Park and Union Oyster House have seen better days; the other suggestions are much better, especially walking around the North End until you find a menu and setting that appeals to all 4 of you--and you will.
Jun 25th, 2006, 09:27 AM

I have to disagree with La Famiglia as best Italian food. Best for huge gigantic portions yes, but not best tasting. But with 2 kids, they may like it as it is more typical red sauce type of Italian American, lots of "parm" dishes if memory serves me correctly.

In the North End I like Pagliuca's on Parmenter St. or Trattoria Il Panino also on Parmenter much better than La Famiglia. Or the Daily Catch for seafood.

Can't go wrong with Legals. Have fun!
Jun 26th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendations. What about the barking crab? Should we do that or Legal seafood?