Reload this Page >

Boston neighborhoods

Search

Boston neighborhoods

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2001, 11:52 PM
Marianne

Boston neighborhoods

My 16 year-old daughter and I are going to Boston in a couple of weeks for a family wedding. My daughter is interested in all things Celtic and in punk rock. The Celtic part should be easy to find. Are there any neighborhoods or shopping areas that feature "punk" stores, restaurants, etc.? She loved St. Mark's Place in NYC.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Old May 5th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Teach

Try Harvard Square in Cambridge--they have some stores there that your daughter might like. They also have stores that you may enjoy as well!

Old May 5th, 2001, 11:36 AM
jo

There is a chain called newbury comics that has cds, etc, and all kindsof punk stuff. its on newbury st as well as
at govt center and in harvard sq.
also urban outfitters on newbury
and in harvard sq.

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Marianne

Thanks for the great advice, and so promptly given! We're looking forward to a great time.

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:31 PM
John

By all means spend time in Harvard Square, lots of great places and one of the great people watching places. Newbery St also.
There is a Hard Rock Cafe that might appeal (I's go to Fire and Ice nearby for a meal however).
Celtics stuff is everywhere. The pro shop at the Fleet Center (formerly Boston Garden) has the best line. Also try to get into the building and look up at all the champeionship banners. Also the souvenir shops near Fenway Park have Celtic Stuff.