Boston lodging 5 nts Oct

Search

Boston lodging 5 nts Oct

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2023, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston lodging 5 nts Oct

We are two couples in late 60s/early 70s looking for lodging options - namely hotels in a good location. Not having much luck finding anything on AirBnB. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Old Jul 14th, 2023, 03:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Budget??
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 02:24 AM

It depends on your schedule and what activities you want to do. Four of us stayed in an air b&b outside Boston. Since we live in Mew Emgland and have been to Boston many times our choice on that trip was a south Boston food tour. Another day we walked the Rose Kennedy Greenway from Chinatown to Quincy Market intending to lunch there which I don't recommend. We had a car but it was better to Uber into and back from Boston. We found restaurants near our air b&b. We did not plan to see any shows that visit so staying in a suburb was fine.

even if you go back in for a show it might be worth it. The Uner ride was at least 20 minutes. Sorry can't remember town we stayed in.
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 08:55 AM

It's very hard to answer w/o a sense of your budget. And do you want an apartment with a kitchen to prepare meals?
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 01:28 PM

Also depends when in October. October is generally speaking Parents Weekend for many colleges in/around Boston. Columbus Day weekend is a three day weekend and so many colleges host prospective student visiting days then.
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 01:49 PM

Because you mentioned BnBs, and I had a specific agenda, I have reservations about posting. I wanted to stay near the Boston Public Library:

Hotel: http://www.westincopleyplaceboston.com/

The Westin Copley Square was very near a T and travel to Harvard and the Symphony was easy. It was a reasonable walk to a China Town restaurant as well.

Please say more about your budget and what you want to see.
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 02:51 PM

High style. Breakfast included. Showing a tiny bit of wear. Very convenient to transportation and the Prudential Center. Small boutique hotel on a shaded street with recommended parking facility nearby. Laundry. Very helpful staff.

https://www.innatstbotolph.com

Old Jul 15th, 2023, 03:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
When you say "good location" do you have a specific part of the city you would like to stay in? And as everyone mentioned already, can you give a budget range? Do you need parking? Or near public transit? More details will help people chime in.