Reload this Page >

Boston - Holiday Inn Newton

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:25 PM
jack&jill

My spouse and I are staying at the Holiday Inn newton for a few days in september, we choose that as the hotels in the 'core' areas are expensive (as is expected). Has anyone stayed there and if so, how close it is to the city centre. I undertand the Boston Transit station is adjacent to the hotel..we do not plan on driving to town..but taking transit..thanks.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:35 PM
xx

It's about a 30-40 minute ride into Boston from Riverside(where the Holiday Inn is) on the T. The hotel looks fine-is adjacent to I-95 as well.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Les

We stayed there years ago. The hotel was nice. As I recall, it's adjacent to the last stop of the Green Line (sort of a park and ride arrangement, although, of course, you'll simply walk there from the hotel), and the fare into town was $2.00. The trip took about half an hour or so. On the return trip, make sure that you get on the correct Green Line route (it splits to 3 different destinations before you leave the downtown area).
For sightseeing convenience, I would opt for a more centrally located hotel, but if you're arriving by car, this avoids all the hasles (and they're considerable) of driving into downtown.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:53 PM
jack&jill

Thanks for the very very good info that I got. I appreciate the time you took to respond.!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:44 PM
r-travels

The fare is a little more than $2 now ... I think $2.25. Best if you got some change before you leave the hotel, as only change, not currency, is accepted on board.

Another clear advantage of staying at Newton is your FREE parking.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Ann

Sorry to say, the T fare into the city is $2.50 (but, because of the pecularities of our system) the return trip is only $1. The T only takes coin or tokens, but at the Riverside stop there will be change machines. The hotel, on Rt. 128, is exactly ten miles from downtown, as 128 makes a circuit around the city at that distance (more or less). If you'll have a car, it's a good spot for driving to Lexington/Concord for sightseeing. Newton is a lovely town (I live there).