Reload this Page >

Boston Freedom Trail--what book to use?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 04:17 PM
M&J

We will be in Boston for several days next month and plan to explore the Freedom Trail.
Please share your recommendations for a tour book or guide book we can utilized to make this walk even more meaningful.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Lexma90

We just printed the information that was available on the web site (http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/virtual_tour.htm), and found that, in addition to whatever was available at some of the sites, was enough detail for us (one history buff, one tagger-along, and 2 young children). There's probably more detailed info available at the visitors' center. The descriptions in Fodor's and Frommer's, I thought, were not as comprehensive as the Freedom Trail information.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 03:39 PM
charles

Moon publishings guide to Boston or Massachusetts is excellent - I own even though I'm a local.

If you have any other questions on Boston, please post them.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 03:56 PM
Paul Revere

Personally, I don't think you'll need a book; it's a self-guided tour and there is info at the stops.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 06:03 AM
tannya

We didn't use a book. We printed from the web too and then when we arrived did the trolley and it included a map and guide. There is info at all of the stops. After the trolley, we walked a lot of it and spent our time in each place that was of interest to us. It was a wonderful experience. Have a great time. Take comfy shoes and lots of film!