Search

Boston for two/three weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston for two/three weeks

Hello all,

my wife and I (mid-30s) will be in Boston for two/three weeks in February.

We'll need to go for short daily visits to Brigham and Women's hospital (Brigham circle on the green line). We've never been to Boston (indeed never been to MA!) and are looking for somewhere to stay for that 15/20 day period.

Ideally we'd like to stay somewhere central/lively but with easy access to Brigham Circle so somewhere close to a green line stop would be ideal. Can anyone recommend a hotel/appartment or possibly even a lovely B&B where we might stay.

Other than short daily 1h visits to Brigham and Women's we'll be more or less free to roam the city and its surroundings to happy to stay somewhere lively and central

thanks to all for any advice you might have

thanks
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 04:47 AM

Hi there,

The Brigham is a wondeful hospital, I hope all goes well while you're there.

The Brigham Circle stop is on the E line but you can also get there by taking the D line and getting off at the Longwood stop, although it's a longer walk.

Almost any hotel in the Back Bay will work, as you'll be near the Hynes, Copley or Arlington stops on the Green Line. Some suggestions are Copley Marriott, Westin Copley, Back Bay Hilton, Fairmont Copley, Courtyard Marriott, Lenox, Elliot and Jurys.

I would also recommend the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore Square, it's the closest to the hospital, within walking distance if you fee up to it. There's also the Inn at Longwood but I'm not sure how nice it is.
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 05:07 AM

Hotels in Boston are very expensive. I would also contact the social services department at Brighams and Womens and see if they have housing/apartment options. Staying in a hotel and eating at restaurants 3 meals/day will also get old very fast, I think.

Good luck with both lodging and medical issues.
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Thnk you Wyatt

Thank you Gail, with that in mind we're also considering executive apartments (we once stayed in a jw mariott appartment in Shanghai that was better than many hotels i've stayed in!!)

thanks again to both
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 07:53 AM
yk

I don't know what your budget is, but you can look into a few B&Bs in Brookline near Coolidge Corner. The few listed below are about a 15-min walk to the Longwood Medical center. They are closest to the C line.
http://www.thebeechtreeinn.com/
http://www.bertraminn.com/
http://www.samuelsewallinn.com/

I suspect you should be able to get a good discount due to your length of stay as well as being there during low season (Feb).
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Boston also has plenty of properties on vrbo.com if you would like a place with a kitchen and some breathing room.

Good luck.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Ok thanks to all! Looking at various options now

thanks again