Reload this Page >

Boston - Comfort Inn & Suites

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Mary Jardin

Does anyone have information on the Comfort Inn & Suites in Revere, MA. I got a good price from cheaptickets.com ($99 a night). Located only three miles from airport. When I called the hotel directly, I was quoted a price of $179 a night. Is it in an unsafe area?

Old May 10th, 2001, 04:41 AM
Penny

Mary,

I haven't stayed there but I live north of Boston. If you want to do sightseeing in the city, I'd elect to stay elsewhere. Here's why: even though it's just three miles from the airport, it's not that accessible to Boston except perhaps by subway. Revere itself is not a particularly scenic town, though it is on the ocean.

It depends on what you're doing in Boston, I guess. If you want to get a flavor of the city, I'd opt to stay in Boston proper or possibly Cambridge. You'll probably want to subway around rather than drive anyway if you're in the city, but Revere wouldn't be my choice. No offense to any Revere residents who may be reading this, but the city doesn't have the charm of Boston or some of the other more historic cities.

If Boston/Cambridge is just too expensive, why not try staying, say, in Salem, which is even farther north but historic and interesting to walk around?

Perhaps others have experience with this hotel, however. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Old May 18th, 2001, 08:40 AM
RO

is there any motel/hotel in cambridge/boston vacinity that is less than 100 a nite?

Old May 18th, 2001, 09:28 AM
norm

to RO - that's doubtful. Lodging in Boston is as expensive as NYC and San Francisco. You might get a room at a more out of the way location which is technically in either Boston or Cambridge. For example, you might get a cheap room at one of the hotels near the Bayside Expo center, which is in the Dorchester part of town - not at all a touristy area, or you might get an inexpensive room out near Alewife in Cambridge - again, not a tourist spot.

To Mary J - I would follow the advice of the earlier poster who advised against Revere. It is not pretty and I wouldn't advise staying there unless you had a reason to be in Revere.

Old May 18th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Duane

I've posted this as the answer to another post but it's worth repeating. I have $54 per night reservations in Boston at the Doubletree Guest Suites (3 star hotel). How did I do it? I went to www.hotwire.com. Put in where in the Boston area you want to stay (you can put up to 3 I think); what class of hotel you want to stay, and then they give you the cheapest price. They only reveal the name (which is always a nationally recognized name) until after you agree to purchase. I've used both hotwire and priceline for hotels and have had excellent results. Always under $100 for D.C., San Fran, Boston, etc. Certainly worth a look.