Boston Brunch - Saturdays

Old Apr 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston Brunch - Saturdays

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a tried and true Saturday brunch in Boston? I know it would be easier to find on a Sunday, but we are meeting friends around 11:am, and looking for a late breakfast or early lunch, or preferably something that has both. Any little French bistros around for omelettes or crepes? I'm thinking Prudential area or Fanueil Hall areas... but will go anywhere for the right restaurant!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 08:55 PM
TKT

http://www.colonnadehotel.com/brasseriejo/

Brasserie Jo is a French Bistro on the bottom floor of a Hotel. You can dine outside when the weather allows. Check to make sure they still have Sat. brunch. It is across from the Prudential Center.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Fabulous for brunch are Abe & Louie's (on Boylton opposite the Prudential Center) and Stephanie's on Newbury (at Exeter). Both have reasonably priced, extensive menus, where you can order breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner...

A fabulous "French" place would be Le Gamin (awesome omelets and crepes) or Aquitaine in the South End.

Or, Cafe de Paris by the Public Gardens.

Another terrific spot is Parish Cafe on the corner of Boylston/Arlington by the Public Gardens.

Our all time favorite is Abe & Louie's with Aquitaine a close second. Le Gamin if we're in the mood for crepes/omelettes.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the suggestions. They sound great! (Definitely a list to print out and save for future reference.) I think we are going to stay in the Wharf area, however. Probably Sel de la Terre.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:58 AM

Never been to Sel de la Terre for brunch, but (almost) always been happy with dinner. They do have tasty croissants in the little bakery they have just inside the door.

I would recommend for a Saturday treat going to the Langham (formerly the Meridien) for their chocolate buffet. You can order off the menu, too, but the chocolate bar is really great for anyone who loves chocolate! Make reservations, though, if you go. 617.451.1900 (didn't even have to look up the number).
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Le Gamin has been closed for over a year. It is now occupied by B&G Oyster Co.

Go to www.chowhound.com and ask the boston site where to brunch.

I live in the South End, and most resturants have Saturday brunch.