Search

Boston - Best Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2000, 12:53 PM
David Beeter

Boston - Best Hotel

I'm going to Boston for the first time. I'm looking for unique accomodations (i.e. not a giant hotel chain). Anyone got a suggestion?

Old May 17th, 2000, 06:04 PM
Cam

Boston's best by the longest of shots is the Four Seasons (though it's not near the best of all Four Seasons), but I'm guessing that qualifies as a 'giant chain' by your post.
Check out the Eliot Suites near Newbury Street. Small, more private feel to it. Nice spacious rooms.

Old May 17th, 2000, 06:06 PM
Beth

David, do you have a price range in mind? My personal favorite is the Boston Harbor Hotel. The rooms with a view of the harbor are great. But I think it will run close to $300/night (not positive, its been several years since we stayed there). Another hotel I've heard great things about, is the Elliot on Newbury St. I haven't actually stayed there yet, but it sounds lovely. The rooms are all suites, and very nicely furnished.

Old May 17th, 2000, 06:45 PM
Steve

Try the Park Plaza. Good location, lots of charm. I think we paid around $175 and were a 10 minute T ride to the water.

Steve

Old May 19th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Mihir

Hi,

It really depends on your budget, but overall Boston hotels are pricey. I agree with the Boston Harbor Hotel, Park Plaza and Elliot Hotel (on Commonwealth Ave.). Also look into Newbury Guest House and XV Beacon (15 Beacon) Hotel - very pricey and very unique. Good Luck!

Old May 29th, 2000, 03:37 PM
Mike

Just got back from a 1 day stay in Boston(we went on to Newport)and we stayed at the airport Hyatt of all places. It was great! Massport(port authority) operates a water shuttle that take you across the harbour (a pleasant 5 minute ride) to downtown Boston and lets you out at the Marriot or aquarium which is literally 200 yards from Faniuel Hall. We enjoyed a great afternoon/evening at faniuel Hall and surrounding area and then returned to the Hyatt that eveining, to pick up our airport rental car the next day and launch out of Boston! A good time. The weekday rate is rather pricey and goes down dramatically on the weekend.