Search

boston

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boston

My wife and I decided to make the trip to Boston, Montreal and Toronto on our own. In this case the Forum is to Boston and want to know if we can advise hotels in this city in the central area we can walk to the most crowded places, bars, shops, etc. The rest we'll do the bus in Hop Hop off. We will be only two days there. No luxury but clean and nice hotel "
Thank you friends.
Pamlover
Old Mar 6th, 2015, 06:51 PM

What is your budget? What are you interested in? Is it shopping, dining, history, etc.? The most "central" hotels in Boston would be either the Four Seasons or the Taj. If you are on a budget, then they may not be the best choices. If you are interested in history, they may not be the best.

I don't want to be rude, but you haven't given enough to go on here. Give some more info and we can try to help.
Old Mar 7th, 2015, 02:10 AM

Hotels in Boston are expensive - usually listed as in the top 5 $ per night. There are no cheap, simple, clean hotels in the main tourist areas - land values are just too high. There are lots of hotels that are less expensive deceptively listing themselves as things like Boston/Burlington or some other town. Or ones technically inside the city limits that are in awful areas.

Distances in Boston are deceptive - even a 10 mile commute can take over an hour. I think the search feature here is working again, so you might search Boston Lodging on Fodors. Lately I have steered a few people to the Boston Park Plaza. It is an old and historic hotel in a great location. There are 2 wings - the traditional one, with smaller rooms and the Towers, which is a bit more expensive and newer. This hotel gets mixed reviews, but I think it would be fine for your purposes.

For only 2 days, do not stay outside main tourist area - called Downtown, Faneuil Hall, Copley, Back Bay on many hotel sites.
Old Mar 7th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your answer. We are very grateful.
Old Mar 7th, 2015, 11:21 AM

We leave near Boston and often get great deals by bidding on Priceline or selective a hotwire secret deal. With this you need to be cautious and know what you are doing so you get a nice hotel in a great area.

Would really need to know your price range and expectations from a hotel to make a suggestion.