Booking open jaw/multi airline ticket

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to book a flight Cleveland/Kansas City/Denver/Cleveland for this August. Southwest just released their fares but the scheduling is bad. Continental is expensive. Checking Orbitz, I find decent connections and price using CO and Frontier airlines. Is using Orbitz the best option when trying to book an open jaw using multiple airlines?
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

The flights would be Cleveland to Kansas City/ Kansas City to Denver/ Denver to Cleveland. That may not have been clear on the last post.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 05:01 AM

In my experience there is no "best way" - sometimes sites like Expedia/Travelocity/Orbitz have best fare and schedule, sometimes individual airline site does. Since you are checking Southwest and Frontier, these and other smaller or lower budget airlines do not appear on many websites that list multiple airlines, so you need to do a little more work yourself.

itasoftware.com is also a site to check - they usually have a fairly comprehensive list of flights and you can pick alternate airports if you want. They also list in red on right column annoying things about flights - long or short layover, for example. But you can not book thru that site and they do not always have the lowest fare either.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM

It is a little early to book August fares since any specials won't pop up for at least another month probably.
Be sure to check one-way fares, the specials that pop up from time to time don't always show up when you are searching open jaws.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 07:31 AM

I've had good luck at least pricing such trips on Orbitz. You sometimes get on two airlines, but the prices have been very reasonable.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 07:41 AM

I've also had good luck with Expedia pricing such trips.