Search

Boo!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boo!

Every been to a town or hotel/motel that was too eerie for you?
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:54 PM

Verdun, France - Lived there when I was very young and it's definitely haunted in my opinion (and I'm not the superstitious type).

Also Roanoke Island (N. Carolina) felt a little funny too.

Ken
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:59 PM

The office where I work is in an old mental hospital/prison where inmates by the score were murdered or executed. Some, were tortured to death. We occassionally see lights flicker and hear sounds. I heard a story about a particularly violent criminal who died in 1904 that has been known to roam, looking for his latest vict
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:02 PM

The Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. It is haunted by the ghosts of a million tourists who had been ripped off $19.95.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Once in Wales in an old castle were I was staying with friends for a men's liberation group. I was in a room and I know I saw a ghost. walk by my bed. The next morning at breakfast, I mentioned it and someone said the place is a noted haunted site but that ghosts rarely show themselves.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:25 PM
GoTravel

The Inn I was the Director of Sales and Marketing for was a 300 year old former plantation. It was haunted and I would not stay by myself in the office after dark.

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:26 PM
JJ5

Mendon Country Inn in Mendon Michigan.

Native American group with leaders of representative former and present tribes meet here every few years for a good reason. Although they do spend a large part of the time out back in the woods by the St.Joe River, they also do ceremony in the main dining room and in one room upstairs.

Innkeeper didn't have to tell me which room upstairs. There are at least 8 on the straight hallway and I knew which one before he told me. It definitely has a ghost, and he is American Indian.

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:57 PM

fdecarlo - I once overheard somebody say the biggest mystery is why they paid any money to go in there!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 04:03 PM

Ryan, Pilgrim State??

Just driving by there is creepy

Not too long ago, driving around northern Florida, the backroads, there are small areas, hardly big enough to be called Towns, where the people stand in the yard and just watch the cars go by, when once and a while a car actually drives by, and they just stare..creepy.
Sort of reminds me of Night of the Living Dead and Deliverance
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 05:45 PM

"I heard a story about a particularly violent criminal who died in 1904 that has been known to roam, looking for his latest vict"

Intentional or not, very good Ryan.

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 06:38 PM

..."next" victim...
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Pulled this one out of the archives:
Author: ramjet
Date: 10/11/2002, 10:56 am
Message: Years ago a buddy and I were traveling in the north Ga. mtns and got lost. Sometime after midnight the car ended up in the ditch and we were isolated, lost somewhere on a dirt road. Luckily a full, crisp moon was out so we started walking and after a few miles we heard a vehicle coming our way. What a eerie sight to see dim lights approaching in the still of the night along a deserted road. The truck stopped, an older man stepped out and approached us. His breath came out in misty puffs. I was somewhat scared, I'm sure my buddy was too. All he said was "what cha doin?" We explained what happened, he said no one could get us out till morning. He did say there was an old fish camp nearby that we could probably sleep at. We hopped in the back of the truck and he took us to the place. Led us straight to the room, it was open and told us to stay there; someone would come by in the morning. I asked his name and he said "Henry Holcombe". We thanked him and said good night. We both remarked what a strange man and being that we were extremely tired went straight to bed. Room was very small with concrete floor, but thankfully a couple of very nice patchwork quilts. During the night I was awakened by a noise. Noise continued for a few minutes and stopped. All I remember was heavy breathing and crunching of leaves. Fell back asleep and awoke in early morn mist. The cabin had a screened porch and there was a small table. On the table was a thermos of coffee and some fresh biscuits wrapped up in cloth in a basket! My buddy was standing behind me and we both stood dumbfounded. Oh well we drank the coffee and ate the biscuits! Soon the proprietor came by. We explained what happened, he said thank you for the money we put in overnight box! I told him that we didn't put any money there that a man named Henry Holcombe led us straight to this room and someone would come in morning! Proprietor stood dumbfounded. He stated to chuckle kind of nervous like and then stated that Henry Holcombe had been DEAD FOR 13 YEARS!!! All we could do was swallow real hard, thank the man and high tail it out of there!! We found a tow truck, got a car and the whole way back to Altanta was a conversation I will never, ever forget! Date that this happened: OCTOBER 31,1975

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 07:04 PM

Too funny fdecarlo. Though I went years ago and only paid 15.95 I felt I got my money's worth from seeing the Tiffany windows.

However I think the real mystery is that no matter which way you try to exit, throuh the gardens, through the house, whatever you do you always, always end up in the gift shop!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Ani

Yep-2.5 years ago DH and I visited England and Wales for the first time. We stayed in historical places as much as possible but in Chipping Campden we stayed in a 16th century building on the high street (The Kettlehouse-no longer in operation, sadly). The story is too long to tell but I gaurantee I was awakened by something unearthly-for I yelled at my husband "is the door locked?!" as I woke suddenly and KNEW something was running up the stairs to our room-racing to lock the door. Definately the most scared I've ever been!
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 08:18 AM

The building where I work used to be an old hospital. People tell lots of tales about weird things happening here - elevators going up and down when no one else is around, sights they have seen, lawn mowers starting themselves briefly. A few employees were talking about having a seance here on Halloween. One guy left late one day and called back to tell the only employee left behind that he had seen a few vapors floating around on the way out. She got the heck out soon after that. He was joking.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 08:34 AM

Beachbum,
I actually work in a fairly new, midtown NY office building. The post was a piece of creative writing after spending most of my day writing about the "fluctuation of the residual available to debtors from the 1999 installment pool verus the residual available from the 2002 pool."

I spend my day writing very precise, very dry reseach. I needed an outlet for some creative writing.