Bisbee to Prescott?

Old Sep 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bisbee to Prescott?

After visiting friends in Phoenix in early November we plan to drive to Bisbee for one night, then drive to Prescott to see other friends. Suggestions of what to see between Bisbee and Prescott? I am thinking we will already have seen everything in Phoenix! Thanks!
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Those are very long drives and I wouldn't do it for just 1 night. Having lived 25 years in Bisbee, until recently, I know a bit about it and might consider 2 nights, giving you a full day there and time to rest up for the next very long drive. But for 1 night? No, don't do it, even for such a nice town as Bisbee. Maybe settle for Jerome or even Sedona, if 1 night is all you'll give it.

Since you don't give the length of your trip overall or where you plan to fly, if you're flying, in and out of, I cannot advise you much more. Are there more stops in your trip? Are you driving to AZ and home? Is Las Vegas somehow implicated, heaven forbid? etc.
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't address your question of what to visit on your drive to & from Bisbee. Everything of interest is widely separated one from another and there's hardly time if 1 night is it. If you decide to stay for at least 2 nights, so the driving days will be to do only that, please mention your interests and suggestions might come to mind.
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM

I agree. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix to Bisbee, and if you are heading to Prescott the next day (almost 5 hours from Bisbee), it really doesn't give you enough time to really see anything much along the way.
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 06:14 AM

Stop at the ostrich farm near Picacho Peak