Birthday Dinner Orlando

May 14th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Birthday Dinner Orlando

I will be in Orlando to celebrate my 30th birthday. We're planning where to eat dinner on my birthday. We're staying on-site at Universal Studios, but are willing to head over to the Disney-side of town for dinner. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has eaten at either of Emeril's restaurants and if they are really worthy of a special dinner? Or should I head over to Disney and go to the California Grill or the Flying Fish??

THANKS!
May 14th, 2003, 06:56 AM

I am celebrating my birthday in Orlando this year too. Two years ago we went to Emeril's at Citywalk for my 50th birthday. We had a delicious dinner, but I'm not sure I would want to spend my 30th birthday there. We were seated upstairs in a very quiet room. I would not do that again. If you go to Emeril's be sure to have them seat you downstairs where the action is.

This year we are going to Emeril's new restaurant in the Royal Pacific for my birthday. I think it will be fun.

I have not been to the Flying Fish (but I think it gets great reviews). I am hoping to try it this year, since we will be at Disney's Yacht Club for a few days.

Have a nice trip and happy birthday!

May 14th, 2003, 08:32 AM

You're going to get some wildly different reviews here for Emeril's. People seems to love it or hate it. I was there (Universal) once last year and thought the food and service were excellent. But it is expensive.
May 22nd, 2003, 04:26 PM

I'd go to the California Grill or the Flying Fish. Disney does special occasions really well and both of those restaurants are excellent.
May 22nd, 2003, 07:33 PM

The guy who used to be the executive chef at Flying Fish is now the exec chef at California Grill, so now the fish at CA Grill is even better than it used to be, if that's possible! I just spent my 24th anniversary at CA Grill watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks from a window table, and that was fun.

I've eaten at Emeril's twice and it was also delicious, so it may be a difficult choice. I think I'd take Emeril's, though.
May 23rd, 2003, 04:48 AM

Just returned from WDW and one of the best meals we had was at California Grill. Surprisingly, the food was excellent and exceeded my expectations. The view was unbelieveable, try to time your dinner with the MK fireworks if possible and after dinner take a walk on the observation deck and watch the water pagent! The service was also excellent, you will love the California Grill - its a winner.
May 23rd, 2003, 07:21 AM

Emeril's new restaurant at the Royal Pacific is called Tchoup Chop-- and the Orlando Sentinel gave it a scathing pan. Ol' Mr. Lagasse may have overextended himself in this case.... You may want to stick with his much better other restaurants. Or go to CA Grill (pretty great place, as I recall).

Search this Thread